Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
In contact with contact

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 1:44 pm
I was in contact with someone who was in contact with someone who presumably has COVID (they are not planning to test afaik).
The person whom I was in contact with did not have any symptoms. Neither do I, BH.
Wwyd?

stillnewlywed

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 1:52 pm
You don't have to do anything unless the person you were in contact with starts having covid symptoms

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 1:52 pm
We are falling down the rabbit hole

amother
White

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 1:54 pm
What would I do? I would call my doctor for medical advice, not follow what some anonymous online posters suggest.

mha3484

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 1:54 pm
This just happened to me. My sons rebbe tested positive. I talked to my pediatrician and and school nurse who works closely with the local dept of health and they both said only the exposed person needs to be quarantined. The rest of the family did not need to be.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 1:55 pm
stillnewlywed wrote:
You don't have to do anything unless the person you were in contact with starts having covid symptoms

at what point do you have to test?
lets say I saw a person starts having symptoms 5 days after I was in contact with them?
freaking out here

disregard, I found the answer from the CDC:

For COVID-19, a close contact is defined as any individual who was within 6 feet of an infected person for at least 15 minutes starting from 2 days before illness onset (or, for asymptomatic patients, 2 days prior to positive specimen collection) until the time the patient is isolated.

stillnewlywed

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 1:57 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
at what point do you have to test?
lets say I saw a person starts having symptoms 5 days after I was in contact with them?
freaking out here

Relax
People are mainly contagious the 48 hours before symptoms appear. If you speak to a doctor they will probably tell you that if you were in close contact 2-3 days before symptoms you should quarantine.
You don't have to test unless you get symptoms.

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 2:01 pm
My understanding:

It's only an issue if the first contact begins to show symptoms.

As long as the first contact does not show symptoms during quarantine, then the second contact has no concern.

If the first contact gets symptoms during quarantine and is summarily positive for COVID, then the second contact may have to enter quarantine.

In the Spring, my daughter was in contact with someone COVID positive at school (before schools closed). She had to quarantine for the remainder of the 14 days (which was about 7-9 days left at the time we were notified). She was given her own room and bathroom, ate meals separately, etc. BH She never developed symptoms. We kept her separate so that the rest of the household would have less risk of getting sick or needing to quarantine if she developed symptoms.

Last edited by NotInNJMommy on Thu, Oct 01 2020, 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 2:04 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
We are falling down the rabbit hole

There are people in my life to whom I'd rather not pass it to, which is why I'm asking. But thanks for your response.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 3:04 pm
Pretty sure we have all been in contact with someone who has been in contact ...

Zehava

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 3:06 pm
Chad gadya chad gadya🎼🎼🎼

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 3:06 pm
DELETE

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 3:20 pm
“For COVID-19, a close contact is defined as any individual who was within 6 feet of an infected person for at least 15 minute”

You were in contact with s/o who was in contact, who maybe has covid,
While I understand the need to be careful, ( I wear masks indoors and outdoors),
I think you don’t have what to worry about.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 10:33 pm
As my boys refer to it, sfeik sfeika so no need to be machmir 😂

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 11:04 pm
I think it depends on whether it was once or if it can be ongoing. If a member of a household is quarantining, but is in no way keeping themself from the other members of their family, then being with those members can be an unnecessary risk. We were told to only do so if it's not within risk range.

It's complicated when the family send their kids to school, which they are allowed to do as long as the quarantined person doesn't show symptoms.

pizzapie

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 11:58 pm
My friend asked her doctor and was told that "exposure to an exposure is not an exposure."
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics