Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Anyone see a citrus-marinated salmon?

penguin

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 7:32 pm
I can't remember which magazine it was in, though I feel like maybe it was Rorie Weisberg. If anyone knows I will try to go look for the magazine, though if you feel like posting it you'll get a mitzvah! : )

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 7:48 pm
If I have time bli neder.
But I have to say that this was my all-time favorite contribution to the matching thread titles thread. So thank you.

lilies

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 7:51 pm
Yes, it winked at me.

nycgal

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 8:19 pm
It was in the hamodia- Inyan magazine. I can’t post it but maybe someone else can.

penguin

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 12:10 pm
Got it! Thank you!

penguin

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 2:33 pm
This recipe looks really good - except, I really don't like the taste of wine.

Is there anything I can substitute? Would you think it will work if I just use water?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 3:12 pm
You can marinate the fish in zests, sugar, salt and pepper, then rinse, pat dry and bake - and just skip the poaching liquid.

Or use water instead of wine. Bring to a boil with the onion, celery, peppercorns and parsley - and then add garlic to make it more of a vegetable broth, and season the liquid to taste. Continue with simmering for the 15-20 minutes.

Last edited by ra_mom on Thu, Oct 01 2020, 3:21 pm; edited 3 times in total

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 3:13 pm
I think the fish went that way ------->

If you hurry, you can catch it.

cbsp

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 4:34 pm
ra_mom wrote:
You can marinate the fish in zests, sugar, salt and pepper, then rinse, pat dry and bake - and just skip the poaching liquid.

Or use water instead of wine. Bring to a boil with the onion, celery, peppercorns and parsley - and then add garlic to make it more of a vegetable broth, and season the liquid to taste. Continue with simmering for the 15-20 minutes.

Thank you for the baking instructions! I was just telling my sister about this recipe but that it's a shame I can't make it because of the cooked onions.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics