Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
My cleaning lady didn't show!!!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 2:43 pm
OP I hope you’re paying yourself at least what you would’ve paid the cleaning lady today. Or bribe yourself with double the going rate.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 2:47 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
OP I hope you’re paying yourself at least what you would’ve paid the cleaning lady today. Or bribe yourself with double the going rate.

I finally bought myself the afikomen I asked for in honor of Sukkos so I'm really excited about using it IYH and makes me feel treated. (Note how many contradictions are in this statement Wink )

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 2:49 pm
Going to my storage spot to get out the noy sukkah.
After that I want to wash the master bathroom so I don't have to worry about an unknown cleaning lady working in my bedroom.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 3:08 pm
My cleaning lady for tomorrow (professional agency, and no one stole her) also cancelled.
I got advance warning which is nice but the extra work still has to be done.

You’re doing amazing OP!!!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 3:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
After that I want to wash the master bathroom so I don't have to worry about an unknown cleaning lady working in my bedroom.

Wow you're good!!!!! You're making me motivated to get things done!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 4:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Quoting myself here to update on this.

Number one - check. I also covered in contact paper two sukkah stars DC just made so that we can hang them.
Number two- I started cleaning and then the blessed lady arrived, so of course I handed her all the cleaning supplies and led her to the guest bathroom. Y'gotta know how to prioritize right? So she cleaned the guest bathroom, is putting on the washed linen in the bedroom and washing the floor there.

In the meantime, I got my kids to clean the playroom while I oversaw the process (and bent down way too many times for my pregnant body but oh well). Now that everything is cleared away I can have the lady mop the floor there. Hopefully she won't work too slowly so that we can then move to the more main living areas. Will keep you posted!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 4:32 pm
Thanks Pumpkin and Vermillion for cheering me on. Now I feel like I can't let you guys down, so keep reading and commenting!

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 4:35 pm
Wow! I am so impressed by what you’re doing! You seem like a super mom to me!

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 4:42 pm
This thread is motivating me too! Now I'll get to work! And later check back.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 4:44 pm
OP can I join in your motivational post? My house looks like a train wreck and I have a cleaner tomorrow for 1(!) Hour. I keep on changing the jobs she should do in that hour so I'm gonna start doing things by myself I'll post here with updates if you dont mind

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 4:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks Pumpkin and Vermillion for cheering me on. Now I feel like I can't let you guys down, so keep reading and commenting!

Double post

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 4:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Hooray Thumbs Up is there an applause emoji?

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 5:08 pm
Wait, your cleaning lady arrived? You gotta change the title now!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 5:09 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
OP can I join in your motivational post? My house looks like a train wreck and I have a cleaner tomorrow for 1(!) Hour. I keep on changing the jobs she should do in that hour so I'm gonna start doing things by myself I'll post here with updates if you dont mind

Sure! Maybe you can post in a different color so that it's immediately obvious which one of us it is? Good luck to you and happy cleaning!

NotLazySusan

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 5:09 pm
Didn’t read through all the posts so maybe someone already mentioned: instaCln - a new service offering cleaning help @ $25/hr minimum 3 hours and not more than 2 days in advance! So it’s meant for people like you who are stuck

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 5:10 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Wait, your cleaning lady arrived? You gotta change the title now!

Not mine. A neighbor's. She was supposed to be here for 2.5 hours but she came 20 minutes late, so I'll take whatever I can get.

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 5:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not mine. A neighbor's. She was supposed to be here for 2.5 hours but she came 20 minutes late, so I'll take whatever I can get.

Oh got it. I’m glad you got this tiny little treat at least.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 5:14 pm
And now for the update:

Cleaning lady is still mopping the playroom.

DC came back to finish polishing the silver. Now my silver is no longer gold, so I buffed it after to give it that nice shine.

I cleared up and then swept the hallway to the guest room and the main room right near it for the cleaning lady to hopefully mop. Now at least I can be calm that my guests' area will be done.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 6:00 pm
OP, I’m 35 weeks and although I get very into sukka decorating every year, this year I told my kids it’s all theirs (not sure if you mentioned your kids’ ages so don’t know if they’re old enough). No idea how it will look, but that’s how we delegate Smile

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 6:10 pm
I'm 13 weeks pregnant and buying nearly everything. I used to be a martyr and fall off my feet cooking and baking. Those days are over.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics