Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Has anyone on here not left house since March?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 8:10 pm
I'm just curious if there are people in quarantine by choice since March and are getting everything delivered to them and have not left their house. How are you managing.

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 8:16 pm
I have mostly not left the house. Mostly.

I get all groceries delivered and work from home (so does DH). We walk a few times a week in the park, early in the morning. We have ONCE met someone for a distanced picnic in the park.

We are both high-risk and not taking ANY chances. We haven't seen our families since the winter, we do a lot of Facetime.

I'm at a point of so crazy I'm about to start making clothes for the cat.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 8:17 pm
just urgent appts.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 8:17 pm
My grandparents

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 8:22 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
My grandparents

Yes my heart breaks for older people who are afraid to leave their houses. I keep thinking about them and going into yet another yom tov alone. I don't have grandparents any more but I just wonder how elderly are managing the loneliness, if they are indeed staying inside or if they are not.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 8:24 pm
My inlaws and my grandmother have not left their house since March

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 8:24 pm
My grandma, who is in her 90's, hasn't left her house since March. She didn't really leave before then either but she was able to have visitors. She really misses people popping in. At least she doesn't live alone though.

DH's grandmother is over 100. She goes out every day that the weather is decent to take a little walk in the park across the street from her apartment and sit a while to get some fresh air. She used to be very active, going to museums and concerts and lectures, but she finally got Wi-Fi installed so she can access those types of things online now. She has an aide and family comes to visit her in the park, socially distanced and masked of course. I don't know what will be once the weather gets cold.

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 10:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes my heart breaks for older people who are afraid to leave their houses. I keep thinking about them and going into yet another yom tov alone. I don't have grandparents any more but I just wonder how elderly are managing the loneliness, if they are indeed staying inside or if they are not.

My mother (80s) lives in a small town where everyone knows her. She stands on her porch and talks to everyone who walks by. Makes me grateful since I haven't been able to visit her.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 10:55 pm
My neighbor is in her 80s. She is active. Had a job other then urgent dr appts she hasn’t left her house. She’s getting really depressed.

AlwaysThinking

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 2:58 am
I only left for medical appointments but still managed to get corona! My kids were in school though.

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 3:37 am
My grandfather, over 95, in rehab. No visitors whatsoever.. Can't start to describe how he's been doing. Really really took a toll on his mental and physical health. After fighting tooth and nail to get him out, he's bh home and visitors come. All precautions are being taken. This man is not recognizable from 3 weeks ago! It's crazy. To every visitor he says the same, this is my house. Till the 120!

Tzippy323

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 8:05 am
I did not leave my house from March until the end of August. About to lose my mind, I drove my cars a few times (had lost my confidence and wanted to be able to go to my daughter for Rosh HaShanah). That was my single interaction outside my home. I am extremely anxious about the prospect of being locked down again. I am very high risk, and a very social person. The lack of people to people contact is very hard for me.

I beg everyone to follow protocols and wear masks and sd. Don’t be selfish. Stay in your own Sukkah, don’t invite guests, and whatever you do, don’t undue it all on Simchas Torah. We should all eat together in a huge Sukkah in Yerushalayim next year.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 8:51 am
I have a cousin who has not left her apartment since March, not even to take a walk. She's cuckoo though, always has been. Extreme germaphobe. She's also wiping down her mail and her groceries. She scrolls through Facebook all day commenting on posts of anyone doing anything telling them they're gonna die from their lack of caution.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics