Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Green kallah wedding dress
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 7:32 am
It's not my daughter or dil (phew). How would you react if your daughter or daughter in law, who is the kallah, wanted to wear a green dress? How would you react if you were a guest at such a wedding. If you think it is crazy, who would you think is crazy? The kallah? Her parents too? Siblings? In law siblings who also married in?

amother

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 7:34 am
and one more question. If you think it's crazy, why? Just bc its not the norm, or other reasons?

catonmylap

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 7:56 am
All green?

Or with some green?

My mother's wedding dress had green in it.

Even if it was all-green, I'd think the kallah was a funky girl who doesn't conform. To me, it wouldn't reflect on the parents or rest of the family.

I have a green dress that is a 1960s/or 70s?? prom dress or bridesmaid dress that I've worn for Purim a couple of times if she is interested in it. I don't think I can fit into now--it's a small size.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 7:58 am
No, I mean mostly if not all green. First time kallah (not a 2nd wedding).

She wouldnt fit it either if it's a small size.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 8:06 am
I would think extra extra frum kalla/family who thinks white is non jewish.

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 8:10 am
I wouldn't be surprised if this kallah (and maybe the mother too) are unhappy souls and suffer from inferior complex if they need to be different than the norm and outdo others.

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 8:14 am
MeThinks wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if this kallah (and maybe the mother too) are unhappy souls and suffer from inferior complex if they need to be different than the norm and outdo others.

Unless she does it because her father (a Rebbe) would not allow her to wear white believing it's a non jewish custom.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 8:15 am
Why the mother?

amother

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 8:32 am
Op here. I am a family member through marriage, and YIKES.
Anyway, I dont know but dont think she has an inferiority complex. She actually thinks she is very smart. They live in a chassidish community but they are more modern... probably Litvish but they do some things that even litvish wouldnt do. But they sure dress Litvish (at least the girls and most of the boys), learn in top places etc.
The green dress is totally not having to do with not being like the non jews. The kallah is somewhat into women's lib. She also doesnt like conforming. As I said they are litvish, and she goes to university, learns gemara, etc. (I dont necessarily have a problem with a lot of it, but it's sure not standard there).

technic

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 8:37 am
my 1st thought would b...is she a leprechaun???? shock

imokay

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 8:42 am
I thought the thread title was referring to being environmentally friendly, lol. Very Happy
I was imagining a post on how to get a wedding gown made of recycled materials or s/t like that

as for a green wedding dress? never understood the need for ppl to make others talk about them and how unique they r. but I guess, to each their own.

just tell her to make sure she doesnt blend in too well with the flowers...
wouldnt want to mistake the bride for some foliage.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 8:47 am
Uh ... how green ?

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 8:51 am
amother wrote:
The kallah is somewhat into women's lib.

So that's the answer. Now it makes sense. Women's Lib = "feifen auf de velt" - to go against anything traditional and any accepted norm.

And btw smart people can also have inferior complex.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 8:55 am
They sure can. But I dont think its the core of the issue with her. And I dont think she's so smart either, otherwise she wouldnt need to flaunt it. So we have lots of responses how you as guests would feel. What about as mother? mil? sibling? sibling il?

amother

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 8:58 am
Is the rest of here wedding going to be different as well? Or is it just the dress?

amother

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 8:59 am
I dont know.'
I know at my wedding they didnt really want pics, but they insisted. The kallah wants a small wedding. I dont know abt the rest.

Ribbie Danzinger

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 9:08 am
amother wrote:
Op here. I am a family member through marriage, and YIKES.
Anyway, I dont know but dont think she has an inferiority complex. She actually thinks she is very smart. They live in a chassidish community but they are more modern... probably Litvish but they do some things that even litvish wouldnt do. But they sure dress Litvish (at least the girls and most of the boys), learn in top places etc.
The green dress is totally not having to do with not being like the non jews. The kallah is somewhat into women's lib. She also doesnt like conforming. As I said they are litvish, and she goes to university, learns gemara, etc. (I dont necessarily have a problem with a lot of it, but it's sure not standard there).

OP, maybe you should make up your mind if she is chassidish, modern or Litvish? To me it sounds downright trollish.

gigi

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 9:10 am
green is nice! LOL

I'm sure she'll look very pretty!

amother

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 9:13 am
Quote:

OP, maybe you should make up your mind if she is chassidish, modern or Litvish? To me it sounds downright trollish.

Im not quite sure what you mean by that... I thought I made it clear... Her family lives in a Chassidish community but they are not. They are more Litvish by dress, some of the values, places they learn etc. But she doesnt totally fit into the Litvish community either because of some of HER values and things she does - ie university, women's lib. I am a troll because of that?[/quote]

faigie

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 9:30 am
its nuts.
ive seen some gowns which were beautiful that were white/cream that had a sheer bit of blush/pinkish on top of it.......
but green?
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics