Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Testing for anti bodies

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 1:27 pm
Has anyone been to Chemed today for testing and knows how long the wait is? Where can I go get tested that will have the shortest wait?

farina

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 1:51 pm
Someone is doing testing today at 140 Lehigh drive off Swarthmore from 5-10 or until supplies last. Don't know how long wait will be tho. Not free either but it's rapid results .

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 2:29 pm
farina wrote:
Someone is doing testing today at 140 Lehigh drive off Swarthmore from 5-10 or until supplies last. Don't know how long wait will be tho. Not free either but it's rapid results .

can u give more info? who is doing this. is it in a school?

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 3:00 pm
Did someone recommend you do that? What was the reasoning?

My doctor told me that it was a waste of time, the tests were inaccurate, and that there's no guarantee that the antibodies will stick around very long anyway. They are also 500 shekels, and not covered by insurance.

In other words, the tests don't mean anything. Save your money, and assume that you don't have antibody protection. It's the best way to stay safe.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 3:04 pm
Antibodies are one way the body shows immunity. It is short term. T-cell immunity is not tested for, but it shows long term immunity. There is much research being done on it. So, though antibody tests are being done regularly in your area, it does not mean much.

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 3:13 pm
So far, I've only found the antibody tests are useful to confirm that someone had been exposed to COVID (which doesn't mean if they don't have antibodies that they weren't) or that their blood may be useful for donation for the plasma treatments.

farina

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 10:38 pm
Reason for testing is because certain schools and shul's are makin rules about only being able to come if you have antibody so that's why we are testing. Went with 7 family members and only 2 have antibodys

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 11:33 pm
farina wrote:
Reason for testing is because certain schools and shul's are makin rules about only being able to come if you have antibody so that's why we are testing. Went with 7 family members and only 2 have antibodys

This!
Anyone can chime in?
Where did you do it? How fast were results?
Did you get numbers or yes/no answer?

thanks

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 11:44 pm
I tested for antibodies so I could donate plasma. Yes, I donated.

farina

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 1:52 am
We only get a text response about an hour after we went . Response was only positive or negative. No numbers. It was only a finger prick not a full blood test

Chayalle

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 10:09 am
I had a well-visit in August and had bloodwork, so for the same prick, I got tested for anti-bodies. They did not give me a number - just that I have antibodies.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 10:47 am
Today there is testing for antibodies at Sons of Israel
6th and Madison Lakewood
NO WAIT
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries