Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
One Bowl / No Mixer year round cake and cookie recipes

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 2:17 pm
this is for you allthingsblue and Sherri!
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....20400

Chocolate Chip Cookies - Levana Kirshchenbaum
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups good quality mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375ºF.
Wisk together the eggs and sugars. Add the oil and vanilla and mix in thoroughly. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until just combined. Fold in the chips.
Drop the cookies in heaping teaspoonfuls on a cookie sheets lined with parchment paper, 1 inch apart. Bake one tray at a time for 9 minutes. The cookies will firm up as they cool, so do not be tempted to bake them longer, or they will harden.

Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cake Blondies
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Prepare chocolate chip cookie batter recipe above.
Spread batter into a greased brownie pan. Bake for 25 minutes.

Hershey's 'Perfectly Chocolate' Chocolate Cake
2 cups sugar
1-3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1-1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 cup Parve milk (soy milk, rice milk, almond milk... non-dairy creamer works too)
1/2 cup oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water

Preheat oven to 350°F.
Whisk together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and continue mixing. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin) and continue mixing until smooth. Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 9" round pans.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.

'Perfectly Chocolate' Chocolate Frosting
1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
2/3 cup cocoa
3 cups Confectioner's sugar
1/3 cup Parve milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

Melt margarine. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and Parve milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.

Pound Cake - lamplighter
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
6 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder

Preheat oven to 350°F.
Whisk together sugar eggs and sugar. Add oil and vanilla and keep mixing. Stir in baking powder and flour and mix until smooth.
Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan bake for 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Allow to cool about 30 minutes before inverting.

Honey Cake - AZmom09
2 eggs
3/4 cup honey
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp oil
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cocoa
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cups flour
1 cup strong coffee (1 Tbsp instant coffee ganules dissolved in 1 cup boiling water)

Preheat oven to 350°F.
Whisk together eggs, honey, sugar, and oil. Add baking soda, baking powder, cocoa, cinnamon and flour and continue mixing. Pour in hot coffee and whisk until smooth. Batter will be runny.
Pour into 2 greased and floured 2 lb. loaf pans.
Bake for 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in middle of cake comes out clean.

Brownie Bars
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2/3 cup Oil
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup cocoa
1 pinch salt
confectioner's sugar

Preheat oven to 325°F.
Whisk all ingredients together with a spoon. Pour into a 9x13 pan.
Bake for 45 minutes.
Cut into bars and sprinkle with confectioners sugar.

Lemon Cake - KBD
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup orange juice
3/4 cup oil
2 tsp lemon extract
4 eggs

Glaze
1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice

Preheat oven to 325°F.
Whisk together flour, sugar and baking powder. Add orange juice, oil, lemon extract and eggs and continue to mix until smooth.
Pour batter into a greased and floured bundt pan.
Bake for 45-50 minutes.
When done, insert a skewer every 1". Pour 1/2 the glaze over so it seeps into the holes. When cool, turn it over & pour on the remaining glaze.
(My family enjoys this better with a more basic confectioner's sugar glaze made of 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar with just a few teaspoons of lemon juice.)

Cinnamon Swirl Cake - alwaybhappy
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
3 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup orange juice

Cinnamon Mixture
1 3/4 tsp cinnamon
1 1/4 tsp cocoa
1/2 cup brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Wisk together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil, flour, baking powder, vanilla extract and orange juice and continue mixing until smooth.
Pour 1/3 of the batter into a greased and floured pan. Sprinkle in 1/2 of the cinnamon mixture.
Pour another 1/3 of the batter on top. Sprinke with the remaining cinnamon mixture.
Then top with remaining batter.
Bake for 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted in middle of the cake comes out clean.

Fudge Crinkle Cookies - KBD
1/2 cup oil
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1 cup cocoa
4 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
confectioner's (powdered) sugar

Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Whisk together the oil, sugar, flour, cocoa, eggs, vanilla and baking powder, until a soft dough forms. Roll into walnut size balls.
Fill a small bowl with powdered sugar and stir with a fork to break up any clumps. Place balls, one at a time, in bowl of powdered sugar and toss to coat heavily and completely. Transfer to 2 cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Leave room between dough balls, as the cookies spread during baking.
Bake for 12 minutes. Cool completely.

Mini Sprinkle Cookies - Ami
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups packed flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
pinch salt
scant 1/2 cup sprinkles

Whisk oil and sugars until smooth. Add egg and vanilla extract and continuing whisking.
Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt and mix well until just combined. Mix in sprinkles last.
Form into tiny balls. Arrange on 2 lined baking sheets. Bake 6-8 minutes, until tops just begin to crack and turn golden.
Allow cookies to firm up on sheets for a few minutes before removing.

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Apr 10 2018, 2:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

mha3484

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 2:39 pm
This is my favorite chocolate cake sorry to Hershey's but I like this better from Smitten Kitchen:

1/2 cup (1 stick or 4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup (6 7/8 ounces) firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup (4 ounces) granulated sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups (6 3/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
3/4 cup (2 5/8 ounces) Dutch cocoa powder (see above for a natural cocoa adjustment)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat the oven to 325°F. Butter and lightly flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan, or spray it with a butter-flour spray. In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth. Add the sugars and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat well, then the buttermilk and vanilla. Don’t worry if the batter looks a little uneven. Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt together right into your wet ingredients. Stir together with a spoon until well-blended but do not overmix. Scrape down the batter in the bowl, making sure the ingredients are well blended.

Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool in pan on a rack for about 10 to 15 minutes, at which point you can cool it the rest of the way out of the pan. Serve with whipped cream and fresh berries, if you’re feeling fancy.

I use the hand mixer and if you bake by weight you literally only wash a bowl and the beaters.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 4:59 pm
Thank you so so much! Can't wait to try!

almy-mommy

Post Fri, Jan 23 2015, 7:44 am
Mha, have you ever tried to make it non-diary? Sounds great recipe.

Mevater

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 2:13 pm
Any others since 2015?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 3:56 pm
We're happy with the classics. Smile But there is a coconut one I've been meaning to try.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....03991

cbsp

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 9:07 am
ra_mom wrote:

Lemon Cake - KBD
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup orange juice
3/4 cup oil
2 tsp lemon extract
4 eggs

Glaze
1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice

Preheat oven to 325°F.
Whisk together flour, sugar and baking powder. Add orange juice, oil, lemon extract and eggs and continue to mix until smooth.
Pour batter into a greased and floured bundt pan.
Bake for 45-50 minutes.
When done, insert a skewer every 1". Pour 1/2 the glaze over so it seeps into the holes. When cool, turn it over & pour on the remaining glaze.
(My family enjoys this better with a more basic confectioner's sugar glaze made of 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar with just a few teaspoons of lemon juice.)

Thanks for this recipe. I actually saw it in KBD but had some questions that I guess I can ask here.

Does the cake work ok without getting poked? Can I just pour the glaze on (or even omit)?

Is it awful if I don't add lemon extract to a lemon cake? We don't have any but do have other extracts (including Esrog!) and citrusy liqueurs

imanonymous

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 9:15 am
Delete

ra_mom

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 9:27 am
cbsp wrote:
Thanks for this recipe. I actually saw it in KBD but had some questions that I guess I can ask here.

Does the cake work ok without getting poked? Can I just pour the glaze on (or even omit)?

Is it awful if I don't add lemon extract to a lemon cake? We don't have any but do have other extracts (including Esrog!) and citrusy liqueurs

Use 1 tsp of the esrog extract.
The recipe doesn't really call for a glaze, it's more like a lemon pour.
It's ok to make a regular glaze with 1.5 cups confectioners sugar and just a drop of lemon juice. Delish.

cbsp

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 9:30 am
ra_mom wrote:
Use 1 tsp of the esrog extract.
The recipe doesn't really call for a glaze, it's more like a lemon pour.
It's ok to make a regular glaze with 1.5 cups confectioners sugar and just a drop of lemon juice. Delish.

Thanks!

bargainlover

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 11:28 am
What size pan for the cinnamon cake? Thank you!!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 11:42 am
bargainlover wrote:
What size pan for the cinnamon cake? Thank you!!

1 9x13 or bundt or 2 medium loaf pans
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins