Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
False negatives ---sick family members

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 9:38 pm
My DH and DS tested positive I took tests (2) and they came back negative..... I only had very light symptoms which I would have never even noticed if not for my family being sick. The only thing which alerted me was slight chest pressure for a day or two and gastro symptoms.

Did I have it and the test didn't pick it up? How is it that I am negative when in such close proximity to sick family at home?

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 9:40 pm
I know of other people who have also had false negatives.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 9:41 pm
Same with my sister in law. She tested negative while her husband tested positive. A few weeks later, they look antibody tests, and my brother in laws number was way over 15, and my sister in laws number was 3.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 9:55 pm
I tested negative while DH tested positive
I did NOT sd from DH
I was not careful around him. I even ate his leftovers and drank from his cup
14 DAYS later DH tested negative for COVID and positive for antibodies and I tested negative for COVID and NEGATIVE for antibodies.
Go Figure

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 10:24 pm
OP here.

Ugh this is really the bummer after caring for sick family members and feeling slightly sick (BH only that) myself I would have hoped to at least have some antibodies.......

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 10:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
OP here.

Ugh this is really the bummer after caring for sick family members and feeling slightly sick (BH only that) myself I would have hoped to at least have some antibodies.......

My father and brother tested positive, mother negative but she had symptoms like you. Later when the antibody tests came out, she had the highest level of antibodies. Flawed negatives are not uncommon but also some people just don't test positive regardless.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 10:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My DH and DS tested positive I took tests (2) and they came back negative..... I only had very light symptoms which I would have never even noticed if not for my family being sick. The only thing which alerted me was slight chest pressure for a day or two and gastro symptoms.

Did I have it and the test didn't pick it up? How is it that I am negative when in such close proximity to sick family at home?

Nobody has answers to this. There are more questions than answers surrounding this disease.
Perhaps its time to realize it was sent by god and only god can help us. Nobody and nothing else.
People wear masks religiously and dont get. People wear masks religiously and do get it.
People do not wear masks and don’t get it.
People do not wear masks and do get it.
People brave through this healthfully.
Some young ones die. Some old ones survive. Some have antibodies. Some do not have antibodies. Science is dissolving.

Time to love your fellow Jew. No buts. No ifs. Nothing. God sent this novel disease. God can take it away with or without masks. All he wants is to see is his children loving each others despite the satans quest to divide. The buts are the satans tools.

One more thing - hishtadlus begins where emunah ends. For every human this is at a different place. For parnassah, health, disease prevention, sholom, schools etc etc etc.

Goldie613

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 11:31 pm
Did you do the rapid test or the PCR one? If I'm not mistaken, I believe the PCR test is more reliable, so you may get a different answer with that. Or it just may not have built up enough in your system (can take up to 14 days).

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 12:06 am
As per Dr Alter Moshe Kessler, owner of Asisa, the rapid tests are not reliable! The 3 day test is way more reliable so could be that was the issue...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 8:31 am
OP here

I took the nasal swab PCR tests

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 12:41 am
You may have tested too early! Sometimes you get the positive later on.
Get tested for antibodies in a couple of weeks. then yuo'll know the answer.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 12:51 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
As per Dr Alter Moshe Kessler, owner of Asisa, the rapid tests are not reliable! The 3 day test is way more reliable so could be that was the issue...

He is not a Dr.
He's a PA
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics