Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Carona Hotel in tristate area?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 8:44 pm
I wish there was something for my children to do this chol hamoed with other ppl in our situation, dh and I are not feeling well with Covid...I think the Carona Hotels in israel are so genius, does anyone have any good ideas for us?

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 8:48 pm
Continue isolation /quarantine. Get good takeout if you can and Refuah shleimah!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 9:18 pm
serious. if you're sick , stay home. nothing to do with current pandemic. if you had the flu, I'd think you would want to teach your children that it's ok to miss one chol hamoed and not go out to put others at risk. your children will survive.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 9:21 pm
If you're sick with anything, even if not Covid, stay home! This shouldn't have to be said. Why are you even thinking of going somewhere chol hamoed? Use your common sense. Order some interesting crafts and dvd's and pass the time at home.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 9:28 pm
We've been home for more than a week already doing crafts and last chol hamoed we had to be quarantined like everyone else...it aint easy entertaining and trying to recover, I didn't understand it until now but now I think the carona hotels in israel are genius

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 9:33 pm
People, relax, she is not saying she has any intention at all to go out anywhere. She’s saying she wishes she were quarantined together with other covid positive families so her children would have playmates.

Reading comprehension.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 9:38 pm
Maybe do a fancier takeout. Order fresh flowers and put around your house. Do an ice cream bar using different flavored ice creams and toppings. Watch videos. Were chassidish we don't let our kids watch videos but this pesach was one time we made the exception and put on jewish dad's and we haven't since. Buy carnival machines, cotton candy, popcorn, slush, chocolate fountain , this is cheaper than hotel sell it after quintana if you don't have the room a mini size moon walk, or trampoline or even a ball pit. Buy magic cards hat, teach your kids to juggle and put on a show

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 9:39 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
People, relax, she is not saying she has any intention at all to go out anywhere. She’s saying she wishes she were quarantined together with other covid positive families so her children would have playmates.

Reading comprehension.

Yeah...when all fails get good takeout and eat some feelings...lol

Sorry if I sound obsessed, I have no kosher takeout where I am and even if I did it costs a ton but if I were stuck in sick with kids for weeks especially in tishrei I just wouldn’t care.

Amazon prime is a friend...between streaming content, and quick delivery. There are also some sites advertising good Flash deals on kids toys and games sometimes.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 1:35 am
The Corona hotels in Israel are for people who cannot quarantine at home. They're not for people who want a vacation.

cuties' mom

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 3:34 am
Take advantage of the free virtual concerts at cholhamoed.live. It's not the same as a real concert, but it's better than nothing.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 4:05 am
Op is talking about activities in which her children can safely participate.

Refuah shleimah Op!

hugs and hatzlocha

(what is with this mentality some seem to have of kick when down and blame the victim?)

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 4:55 am
Rent Jewish videos from mostly music and order ice cream

watergirl

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 5:07 am
Refuah shlemah OP!! This is the WORST time to be stuck inside. I know it is so hard.

For what its worth, I do not believe the corona hotels are what you think it is. Maybe I am wrong. But I think everyone is stuck in their rooms. People are not milling around there. The Israeli amothers can chime in here.

Raisin

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 5:32 am
I think in Corona hotels the guests are not allowed to leave their rooms. They are delivered food, but its not necessarily fancy hotel food. No guests. Really not fun especially if with kids.

Sorry you are stuck at home but hopefully you can find some fun stuff to do. Get take out, buy new board games or watch movies, do jigsaw puzzles.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 5:39 am
Chazaq was advertising daily chol hamoed shows by donation only.

cuties' mom

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 5:51 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Chazaq was advertising daily chol hamoed shows by donation only.

According to the email I got, donations are requested, but the show's are free.

baby12x

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 6:40 am
Hey OP!
I totally feel you! We are in quarantine also and its SO HARD!!

I just made this indoor scavenger hunt for my kids. Dunno if it's the right age for your kids but it gave us something to do which helped the monotony a little bit.

https://mailchi.mp/c2b1f245408.....-hunt

imasoftov

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 8:03 am
Raisin wrote:
I think in Corona hotels the guests are not allowed to leave their rooms. They are delivered food, but its not necessarily fancy hotel food. No guests. Really not fun especially if with kids.

A friend was in a Corona hotel this summer, he posted pictures of the meals. You wouldn't go hungry, and you might be overeating if you ate everything they gave you, but they weren't hotel food. Breakfast was an assortment of containers of dairy products (yogurt, cottage cheese, a wrapped triangle of smearable cheese), a hardboiled egg, a roll, a tomato, a cucumber, and a fruit. Maybe what you would get if you were staying at a youth hostel that included breakfast, if you had eaten it there would have been more selection and hot food, but you wanted to be on your way before the kitchen opened so they gave you a box full of whatever from the breakfast was portable.

Lunch was a segmented aluminum foil tray with rice, chicken, and something else, two pitot, and a bunch of salads. The sort of thing you get as take-out from a not fancy meat restaurant. Where I work, if you eat lunch in the dining room you can order a meal like that, it gets delivered from a restaurant in the neighborhood. Nothing memorable, and with dozens of people ordering at our office, there's always some leftover salads and pitot in case someone didn't get their order in.

He only posted one dinner, a salad of tomato and bulgarit cheese, a fruit, a roll, and pasta (which he didn't show so I don't know if it was hot or cold).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics