Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken Baked in Parchment With Asian Flavors

Amarante

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 11:54 am
This was good but there is no way that four chicken thighs are four servings or maybe the thighs I get are from unusually small chickens. Half a chicken breast is a serving for an adult (I.e. a chicken has two half breasts) but I think that most adults unless they have unusually small appetites would think two thighs are a normal serving.

So I doubled the recipe and adjusted the cooking time since I included two thighs in each package with more of the baby bok choy

If you are serving children with smaller appetites or want to be able to adjust servings at the table when serving, you can just do a single thigh package or some single and some doubles although cooking time would probably need. to be different for the different sized packages.

I served it with Fusion Cole Slaw which is easy and made ahead and has Asian flavors so it complements the chicken flavors.

Chicken Baked in Parchment With Asian Flavors

Excerpt From: John Ash - Culinary Birds

Baking in parchment assures a moist result, and slitting the bag open at the table releases dramatic and delicious aromas.

MAKES 4 SERVINGS

½ cup (150g) hoisin sauce
¼ cup (60mL) soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons Asian chili garlic sauce - sub Sriracha Sauce
3 tablespoons rice wine or dry white wine
8 star anise
Juice and zest of 1 large orange (⅓ cup/80mL juice, 2 tablespoons zest)
2 baby bok choy
4 (6- to 8-ounce/169- to -230g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
4 green onions, cut thinly on an angle
2 tablespoons peeled and finely julienned ginger
Steamed jasmine or basmati rice for serving

Preheat the oven to 375°F. Make the sauce by adding the hoisin, soy, honey, chili garlic sauce, rice wine, star anise, and orange juice to a small saucepan. Over moderate heat, simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.

Cut the bok choy in quarters lengthwise and blanch in salted boiling water for a minute. Drain and refresh under cold water. Set aside.

Cut four sheets of parchment or foil into 12 x 16-inch rectangles. Place two quarters of bok choy in the center of each piece. Brush both sides of the chicken thighs generously with the sauce and place on top of the bok choy. Top with the green onions, ginger, and orange zest and drizzle with any remaining sauce, if desired.

Bring the long sides of the parchment together and fold over twice. Tuck the ends firmly under to form a nice packet. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve with rice.

dveikus

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 8:41 am
This looks amazing. Thank you for sharing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey