Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Chol hamoed plans

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 3:40 pm
What does your chol hamoed look like?
Do you have the schedule of the days planned down to the hour from a month in advance, or do you decide every day by the hour and still have no plans for what to do today? Or other! Need some help scheduling my chol hamoed.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 3:50 pm
Wake up and eat a good breakfast
Sit down and depending on the weather decide what you want to do.
Sometimes outdoor scenic parks work. Sometimes it’s visiting relatives. Maybe an amusement park on bowling...
Most people don’t have arranged plans for each day. It’s either decided the night before or in the morning. You don’t have to do something every day. Especially this year.

We just came back from a trip to a virtual reality place. Now we’re getting ready to have visitors.
Not sure what the plans are for the other days..

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 4:02 pm
Other than this year (covid, and many things are closed), I always plan in advance. Not to- the-minute, but I know the basics of what we will be doing (or not doing lol) each day. It's so much easier for me- this way I can prepare any snacks or meals, any equipment, any advance tickets, etc. and we can get an earlier start.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 4:04 pm
When my kids were little, we'd go to zoos, museums, any community wrist band events, parks, libraries (not all in one chol hamoed). I don't know what's still open now. My kids are older and just hanging out. I'm trying to have good food available.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 4:08 pm
We usually have some vague plans depending on the weather and other people's availability. This year DH was only able to take off one day and the place we want to go then requires booking tickets in advance so we scheduled that ahead of time and hoped for the best weather-wise. We're not getting together with anyone or going anywhere else this year so it's going to be a pretty quiet and boring chol hamoed. I can't even take the kids to some of our low key local places that I would do on my own without DH because we're in an area with upticks of coronavirus cases and I don't trust other people to be as careful as we are.

avrahamama

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 4:10 pm
Sit in our sukka. Karaoke in our sukka. Games in our sukka. Treats and snacks in our sukka. We invite kids over to split mishnayot and then do siyum in the sukkah. Our CH theme is .... Sukkah! We will do one day of an outing. Otherwise we try to stay in the sukka as much as possible.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 4:12 pm
We only plan in advance when we do an overnight trip. Otherwise it's day by day. The last day before erev, takes out the kids and I stay home to cook and clean.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 4:18 pm
We generally book 1 big activity a few weeks in advanced and then come up with a list of smaller things to do, and plan those day by day

amother
Green

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 4:24 pm
Usually plan the week out right after the first days. We base it on the weather report, so no point in making plans early and then getting disappointed if the weather interferes. This year we’re going on small local trips hiking and biking (we have mostly teens) and one day trip to a national park that’s 3 hours away.

ddmom

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 7:01 pm
avrahamama wrote:
Sit in our sukka. Karaoke in our sukka. Games in our sukka. Treats and snacks in our sukka. We invite kids over to split mishnayot and then do siyum in the sukkah. Our CH theme is .... Sukkah! We will do one day of an outing. Otherwise we try to stay in the sukka as much as possible.

I love your schedule!
Would love to do the same but I don't think my family would agree!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics