Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Serial in the ami- chava and shulem
  Previous  1  2  3 11  12  13 28  29  30  Next

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 5:09 pm
Chava is torn to shattered pieces. She'd love to stay married but Her controlling father is refusing to help Sholem because Chava mentioned that she doesnt wanna get divorced.
Chava's idiot Younger sister is screaming and berating her for ruining hers and her parents life because 'everybody 'is speaking about them behind their back and it's ruining their perfect family reputation.
She tries to speak to her mother but her mother pushes her away, saying speak to Tatty... Tatty isn't on speaking terms with her because he decided she NEEDS to get divorced and as long as she doesn't, she can forget about him or the help for Sholem.
She is totally broken and lost.
Sholem calls her phone to check up on the status of the lawyer.
Chava tells him that her father backed out because she said she wants to stay married. He said, that he already told her they won't go back. The marriage game is over, from his side.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 5:10 pm
now Chava has lost everybody in her life. No husband and no family support.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 5:13 pm
The father is a terrible control freak who has no business to run his daughters life the ugly way he is. Chava has No communication skills whatsoever. Sholem is in a pickle. He made a mistake, fine, we all make mistakes. Why such harsh treatment towards him...

lilies

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 5:26 pm
Chava should get herself a job, find herself a rental, and go for therapy.

lilies

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 5:30 pm
Make that a terrible unethical therapist so people can learn how they take advantage of vulnerable people.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 5:39 pm
I actually thought she was showing some signs of improvement this past week. Although her world is crashing in around her, she spoke pretty calmly to her sister. She then attempted to express her needs to her mother.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 6:18 pm
Haven't gotten the ami in several weeks. Can someone please bring me up to speed? Last I read, Shalom asked Chava to ask her father's lawyer to help him.

ecs

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 6:19 pm
Besides for crying, sleeping and eating does anything actually happen in this story?

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 6:35 pm
ecs wrote:
Besides for crying, sleeping and eating does anything actually happen in this story?

Lots of miscommunicating too Wink

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 8:57 pm
The way she spoke to her sister is very out of character for how we know her.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 9:04 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
The way she spoke to her sister is very out of character for how we know her.

And the way she spoke to her mother too. Finally some proper communication happening.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 11:08 pm
ecs wrote:

Lol. I've literally been saying this for months... LOL

suremom

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 9:33 am
I dont get why the lawyer cant take on Shalom as his client? What does it have to do with chava's father?

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 3:27 pm
suremom wrote:
I dont get why the lawyer cant take on Shalom as his client? What does it have to do with chava's father?

Because he doesn’t want to upset the father who is a heavy client.
He needs bread on his table, and maybe a fancy car too.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 3:31 pm
I used to look forward to this serial, now I can barely bring myself to read it... I read it when I don't have what to read anymore. It lost its taste after so much dilly dallying and the same things happening over and over again. Confused

I'm excited for the new serial from Riva.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 3:40 pm
What happened now? In the sukkos issue?

suremom

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 8:49 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Because he doesn’t want to upset the father who is a heavy client.
He needs bread on his table, and maybe a fancy car too.

This doesnt answer doesnt sit right with me. Then its not because he CANT take shalom. He doesnt want too. And if chava/shalom are willing to pay his fees, the father doesnt even have to know. If I use an attorney, he is doesnt become my possesion.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 8:53 am
when an attorney says he cant take a client because of someone it means there is a conflict of interest and he cant

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 9:03 am
suremom wrote:
This doesnt answer doesnt sit right with me. Then its not because he CANT take shalom. He doesnt want too. And if chava/shalom are willing to pay his fees, the father doesnt even have to know. If I use an attorney, he is doesnt become my possesion.

In theory you’re right
But welcome to the real world.

That’s why the rich are so powerful and influential. Everyone is afraid to start up with them.

suremom

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 9:04 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
when an attorney says he cant take a client because of someone it means there is a conflict of interest and he cant

But how is this ok? Can clients decide who their attorney is or isnt allowed to take on as clients when its not a conflict of interest of a specific case?
Page 12 of 30   Previous  1  2  3 11  12  13 28  29  30  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room