Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Side effects of hydroxycloroquine?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 12:36 am
BH, I'm a healthy 44 year old that has unfortunately been heavily hit by covid. I'm starting hydroxy and zithromax now. Anything I need to know?

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 12:39 am
Refuah Shelemah.

rsmey

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 12:46 am
You have to take zinc with the hydroxychloroquin.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 12:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
BH, I'm a healthy 44 year old that has unfortunately been heavily hit by covid. I'm starting hydroxy and zithromax now. Anything I need to know?

I've been taking it for 2 decades. My eyes are tested 3 times a year because I am taking it long term. You don't need to worry about it for short term use.

WhatFor

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 1:24 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
I've been taking it for 2 decades. My eyes are tested 3 times a year because I am taking it long term. You don't need to worry about it for short term use.

My understanding is that people who were using it for COVID were prescribed heavier doses than those using it to treat other things.

OP, I wasn't aware it was still recommended for COVID treatment, but you should ask the doctor who prescribed it to you about side effects. Refuah sheleima.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 1:26 am
WhatFor wrote:
My understanding is that people who were using it for COVID were prescribed heavier doses than those using it to treat other things.

OP, I wasn't aware it was still recommended for COVID treatment, but you should ask the doctor who prescribed it to you about side effects. Refuah sheleima.

It is the same 200mg twice a day dose.

Cpg

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 1:33 am
Refuah sheleimah!

This is really a question for your doctor or pharmacist.

That being said, the one I'd look out for is that hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin both can sometimes affect the rhythm of your heart in the same way, and so when used together it's something to keep in mind. I imagine that if your doctor prescribed it to you you don't have any heart issues that would make you predisposed for this risk--but if your heartbeat feels off or you feel dizzy or faint, I would definitely get it checked out! BH this side effect is relatively rare and it seems like most of the time if it does occur, they just take you off the medication. I wouldn't worry about it, just file it away in case.

I really hope that you're able to feel better very soon.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 1:44 am
I took it. Bh no side effects

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 12:49 pm
rsmey wrote:
You have to take zinc with the hydroxychloroquin.

I got that too along with aspirin to prevent blood clots notorious of covid.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics