Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Metzuda or artscroll

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 3:56 pm
I'm tutoring chumash. I sometimes need help with translation while preparing my lesson. which sefer is clearer? artscroll chumash or metzudah?

Elfrida

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 4:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm tutoring chumash. I sometimes nees help with translation while preparing my lesson. which sefer is clearer? artscroll chumash or metzudah?

If you only want the translation, Metsudah is a clearer, more direct translation, which is easier to follow word for word. Artscroll sometimes take liberties with the direct translation in order to convey a fuller meaning of the pasuk/Rashi.

On the other hand, Artscroll has a lot more information on the page, and gives a lot more explanations. I don't like their pre-digested style, and if I need to look anything up in english I rely on my Metsudahs, but for teaching you may find Artscroll more useful.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 10 2020, 4:46 pm
thank you for that!

ImmaBubby

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 4:00 pm
Elfrida wrote:
If you only want the translation, Metsudah is a clearer, more direct translation, which is easier to follow word for word. Artscroll sometimes take liberties with the direct translation in order to convey a fuller meaning of the pasuk/Rashi.

On the other hand, Artscroll has a lot more information on the page, and gives a lot more explanations. I don't like their pre-digested style, and if I need to look anything up in english I rely on my Metsudahs, but for teaching you may find Artscroll more useful.

This!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics