Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Jews protesting in Brooklyn

Goldie613

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:38 pm
Just saw on the news that yidden in Brooklyn are protesting against the city pulling back on what can be open, including schools.

From what I saw, it looked like a very peaceful demonstration. Can those of you who live in the area of the march fill the rest of us in? How did this start, was it as calm as it looked in the news?

If it was calm, then I take that as a very good thing (good that it was calm as opposed that not calm). If it was loud and disruptive, that could possibly reflect poorly on Jews in general. Calm protest is allowed by law, mob scenes aren't.

Not trying to debate the causes or whether they were justified in protesting, I was just wondering if anyone with "eyes on the ground" could fill us in.

(Atttention mods - I debated which forum this belonged in, if I've got it wrong, sorry and please move it - thanks)

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:51 pm
Goldie613 wrote:
Just saw on the news that yidden in Brooklyn are protesting against the city pulling back on what can be open, including schools.

From what I saw, it looked like a very peaceful demonstration. Can those of you who live in the area of the march fill the rest of us in? How did this start, was it as calm as it looked in the news?

If it was calm, then I take that as a very good thing (good that it was calm as opposed that not calm). If it was loud and disruptive, that could possibly reflect poorly on Jews in general. Calm protest is allowed by law, mob scenes aren't.

Not trying to debate the causes or whether they were justified in protesting, I was just wondering if anyone with "eyes on the ground" could fill us in.

(Atttention mods - I debated which forum this belonged in, if I've got it wrong, sorry and please move it - thanks)

Apparently an OTD "reporter" was attacked-- https://twitter.com/nmoster/st.....09121

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:55 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Apparently an OTD "reporter" was attacked-- https://twitter.com/nmoster/st.....09121

Oh yuck! Who was the one who said these are OTD Jews trying to make trouble? Bingo!

cnc

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 12:02 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:

Except that on Twitter an employee from the NY Post says his reporter is fine... Wink

I just watched a lot of footage. The only time where it seems to get nasty is when people start yelling at cops that are not wearing masks, and the cop seems to take offense . (He has a mask but seemingly removed it at some point ....)

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 12:14 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:

I wouldn't say the reporter was "attacked". Sounds like there were chants of "go home" and "get out of here", but I didn't see any attack.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 10:10 am
This is just stupid and a chilul Hashem.Why can't our community follow these rules for a little bit and get the virus under control.

You don't need to have large daavening, just saying. You can daaven anywhere and in solitude. I know it may not be as much "fun" to many but too bad. Being on a ventilator isn't fun either so think about that. Same goes for schools, Yes, it stinks that they are closing again, but our schools have been pushing against the regulations. I've seen the classrooms seating isn't 6 feet apart, testing for sick students is discouraged, and so on. All the public schools are doing online/hybrid models with only have of the students in school at any given moment. You very well know our schools can't do that and are overcrowded.......

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 10:14 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
I wouldn't say the reporter was "attacked". Sounds like there were chants of "go home" and "get out of here", but I didn't see any attack.

This person is Jewish OTD and claims he was attacked-- https://nypost.com/2020/10/07/.....80127

Nechy

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 2:32 pm
everyone should read this ...he is totally right

https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

imasoftov

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 5:05 pm
Nechy wrote:
everyone should read this ...he is totally right

https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

There's a whole thread about that, up to six pages now.

Nechy

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 10:04 pm
imasoftov wrote:

just found it thanks

Dini

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 10:10 pm
imasoftov wrote:

not totally, he has good points but not totally, he is in California, we are in NY, he cannot speak for us, he cannot judge

Nechy

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 10:22 pm
Dini wrote:
not totally, he has good points but not totally, he is in California, we are in NY, he cannot speak for us, he cannot judge

I dont see the connection ..who cares where he lives he is a part of the klal and we are all affected
the people in LA dont think " oh only the jews in brooklyn dont listen" they see us all as the same

Dini

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 11:58 pm
We are not, not listening, we are sticking up for our rights, we are being falsely accused and targeted, it is not correct. If we don't speak up, they will walk right over us. There are other areas that have higher infection rates and they did not close their schools and stores. There is a clip that someone took in the red zone of a packed basket ball game in a park of non jews playing, one person is wearing a mask! They are jumping on top of each other! There are no reporters or inspectors. There is the FDNY giving out masks in Boro Park only to jews! They were seen passing non jews that were not wearing masks and did not offer them! What does that mean? Most and I mean MOST of the Jewish people are walking around with masks in the street, we are being compliant and they just keep accusing us of spreading the virus. You cannot read the news and take it as face value, you need to be in NY to know and see what is going on.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 2:28 am
Dini wrote:

Sometimes you need an outsider to show you what you look like.

imasoftov

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 7:18 am
Dini wrote:

Is "not totally" a response in some way to my post which only directed people to a different thread?

Or was quoting me a random act of posting?

If your response is going to again be about the letter, not about what I wrote, don't quote me.

Mothers

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 7:22 am
Dini wrote:
We are not, not listening, we are sticking up for our rights, we are being falsely accused and targeted, it is not correct. If we don't speak up, they will walk right over us. There are other areas that have higher infection rates and they did not close their schools and stores. There is a clip that someone took in the red zone of a packed basket ball game in a park of non jews playing, one person is wearing a mask! They are jumping on top of each other! There are no reporters or inspectors. There is the FDNY giving out masks in Boro Park only to jews! They were seen passing non jews that were not wearing masks and did not offer them! What does that mean? Most and I mean MOST of the Jewish people are walking around with masks in the street, we are being compliant and they just keep accusing us of spreading the virus. You cannot read the news and take it as face value, you need to be in NY to know and see what is going on.

Are you honestly claiming that in BP - MOST people are walking around with masks??? And shuls, stores, schools, etc. are operating with reduced capacity, masks, and sd??? Do you live in BP??? Or have you been there recently???
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics