Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Contact tracers

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 6:43 pm
anyone had to deal with contact tracers in nyc? Did they call? How many times? Did they come down to your house?

Were they helpful or annoying?

Please relate your experiences here.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 7:50 pm
We were called because my kids school was shut down. I answered the questions on the phone (about 20 minutes per kid) and then another phone call which took about 10 min. They sent follow-up texts. I later opted out of tracing bc my kids weren’t actually exposed to anyone, they just called everyone at the school regardless of exposure. They also recommended testing my kids which we did.

Our neighbor ignored their calls and they came to the house twice until they spoke to them. They were then placed in the call system and could not opt out.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 9:38 pm
yes we dealt with them, the whole family bc my child tested positive

they aren't horrible, they aren't the KGB.... they call and ask about symptoms and stuff, risks, ask if you need help getting food or medicine. ask if you want to stay in a hotel for free in order to quarantine.

I think almost everyone wants to stay home and this is what they themselves told me. Nobody is forcefully removing anyone from home as another post somewhere suggested.

They are actually very nice, call daily for 14 days depending on symptoms respect Shabbos and yomtov if you tell them in advance exactly when

if you do not answer for several days they may come to your home........

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:30 pm
Nice??
I guess yours didn't have the liberal agenda. They asked my frum 18 son if he is Ga y, bisezual or straight , when he said huh? They went and explained each one. (My son said huh because he was trying to figure out what this had to do with him having covid. They also asked what gender is he, wht gender he was an birth , and is he happy with his gender.

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:35 pm
Where I Iive they are actively recruiting for contact tracers. They pay decent. Maybe more frum people should apply and become tracers in their neighborhoods. Then maybe the community would be treated nicer.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 10:27 am
Haha the liberal agenda......oh please.

Yes we were asked those questions as well (everyone over 18) first of all they preface it by saying that one doesn't have to answer those questions and the ones pertaining to race. OK I agree it's completely irrelevant to Covid, but face it those questions and the race group questions are just about everywhere these days. Inform your son, so that he knows how to respond next time. Unless your lifestyle is completely sheltered he will encounter these questions/issues more often as he enters he workforce, etc......

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 10:32 am
They called my in laws multiple times on shabbos and Yom Kippur despite my mil telling them not to

They also came to the house because no one answered the phone after they were told that fil was admitted to the hospital
Pretty brainless

Bluepink

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 10:48 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Nice??
I guess yours didn't have the liberal agenda. They asked my frum 18 son if he is Ga y, bisezual or straight , when he said huh? They went and explained each one. (My son said huh because he was trying to figure out what this had to do with him having covid. They also asked what gender is he, wht gender he was an birth , and is he happy with his gender.

That’s ridiculous! Definitely an agenda.. even if they want to know what gender he is there’s no reason to ask if he’s happy with it! What are they going to do if he says no, refer him somewhere?? They’re covid contact tracers for goodness sake!

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 11:45 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Nice??

I once had a reportable illness (not covid) and while I didn't get any questions about gender, I did get a lot of weird zex questions. I'm not particularly innocent and sheltered, but I came out of that call having learned of all sorts of bizarre things that apparently some people are into... Anyway, questions about zexual habits are absolutely normal for a contact tracing call and need to be asked, because zex is an easy source of disease transmission in general.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 1:45 pm
Yes, and besides as I mentioned there is the option to decline answering those questions, so no reason to get all up in arms about it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics