Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Pot roast

Maryann

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 5:33 pm
Boneless
How do I cook this?? Thank you so much!

shmosmom

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 5:48 pm
I like to put it in the croc pot all day, with salt, pepper, lots of colored peppers, and covered in tomato sauce. I'll also put in whatever herbs I have at home, like parsley or basil, maybe some oregano.
I serve it over rice or spaghetti.

happysmile1

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 6:07 pm
The best pot roast recipe ive made so far is this (it is really an unbelievable recipe)
I use a first cut brisket (about 3-4 pounds) but you could really use any cut.
Saute an onion with some spices until translucent and a whole head of garlic peeled into cloves in a large pot, then brown the roast on both sides with spices (onion powder and garlic powder),
Than pour in about 1- 1.5 cups red cooking wine, a few cups of water (so the roast is about halfway to 3/4 covered), a few squarts of honey, a few sprinkles of consomme mix to taste (no msg)
Bring it to a boil and then simmer 3- 4 hours covered (you could flip in middle). You could taste the sauce towards the end to see if you want to add in any more wine or consomme mix at the end and simmer a bit longer
Let cool and take out the roast from the pot and store separately in foil in the fridge. Keep the sauce stored in a container or tin in the fridge too. When you want to serve, slice the roast cold against the grain and reheat in the sauce.
It is so so good.

Maryann

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 6:53 pm
Thank you!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics