Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Help with my babies sleep

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 3:41 pm
My baby used to be on a really good schedule and was in bed by Max 7 pm. She wasn't well and now I can't get her back on schedule. She will not settle before 9pm. Any tips?
Thank you

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 3:42 pm
What time is she waking up? What time are her naps?

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 3:57 pm
Depending on age, there’s a certain amount of time that needs to pass between end of nap and bedtime

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 5:29 pm
She's 10 months kah. She wakes up around 7.30. First nap a bit over 2 hours later so let's say 9.45 till around 11.15. Second nap 3 hours later 2.15 until around 3.30 let's say. I've tried keeping her up for her first nap till later so maybe she could have one long nap instead of two but that didn't work. Oh and she also wakes up the whole entire night.
I had a sleep trainer help me when she was 7 moths but she's not available ATM and I can't afford to go to someone else again

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 6:30 pm
My baby is also 10 months old. She’s up from her second nap by 2ish and goes to sleep for the night at 6.
I would try making both of your babies naps earlier. Try putting her in for her first nap at 9. At only 2-2.5 hours after baby wakes up put baby in for second nap.

Rachel Shira

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 6:31 pm
I wouldn’t expect more than an 11 hour night. I’d definitely still do 2 naps but I’d stretch the time between them more and also before bed. Aim for something like wake at 7, nap 10-11:15, nap 2:45-3:45, bed at 8.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 08 2020, 4:12 am
Thank you I will try that. It's just so hard when my night starts at 9 and I have to start washing the dishes and cleaning etc.., no time left to do any Yom tov cooking or have some relaxing time

Rachel Shira

Post Thu, Oct 08 2020, 6:39 am
You could shift the whole schedule earlier if you’d rather that. I also like earlier bedtimes, but it means early mornings too.

Teomima

Post Thu, Oct 08 2020, 8:05 am
My guess would be teething. Have you tried giving her some Tylenol before bed? She might be having a hard time settling/keeps waking up because of the discomfort. Sometimes a dose of Tylenol before bed can help a lot.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics