Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Important for teens to have their schedule back

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 1:29 am
I'm concerned what will be until yasiva goes back to normal. My son still has a whole week off from after yum tuv . I cant Handle when he is out of schedule, on phone until late and going late to sleep . He is super good bh while he's keeping up with yashiva but off days is a mess up . Talking about forgetting he needs to go to sleep , and if no yashiva my ds is constantly looking for outings . How are your sons with off days from yashiva? Looking for ideas how to keep him busy once yum tuv is over.

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 1:30 am
I’m pretty worried for both my boys and girls. Do you live in an area where there’s a lockdown coming again? I do and am dreading it.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 1:50 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
I’m pretty worried for both my boys and girls. Do you live in an area where there’s a lockdown coming again? I do and am dreading it.

The lockdown where I live is still unknown what will be . I'm most concerned for my older boys than my younger kids .

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 1:59 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The lockdown where I live is still unknown what will be . I'm most concerned for my older boys than my younger kids .

I have teenage boys and girls. I’m totally with you. They need regular schedule. The lockdown and no yeshiva was a disaster the first time around!

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 3:36 am
We are in Israel where the lockdown has already been for a few weeks now. I am worried about all my kids who really need to learn in school. We invested some money in power tools for my son. He has absolutely no experience but really enjoys building things. He built a pergola on his porch before Sukkos.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 6:41 am
Teens, just like any healthy humans, definitely do need a schedule. However, if it's just going to be one week then let them figure it out on their own, no need to micro manage. They're growing up and it's time for them to figure what works for them. Pushing them to do what you think is right will just make them resentful.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children