Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Hydroxychloroquine not helping
Previous  1  2

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 6:08 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Mt Sinai hospital has the latest, most cutting edge treatment but we are taking our pulse ox every couple of hours. Apparently treatment is based on that. Hatzolah apparently gives supplemental oxygen and we are considering that for DH.
a small study with 2 case reports indicating that high doses of glutathione oral and/or IV relieved dyspnea due to covid very rapidly. Mucomyst is available for Nebulizer sand contains NAC, a glutathione precursor.

amother
White

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 6:09 pm
Hydroxychloroquine is so last year.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 6:12 pm
ask your dr.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 6:42 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Everyone should be taking QUERCETIN which, similar to hydroxychlorquine, gets ZINC into the cells. (and, of course, zinc).

If you can't find quercetin you can get a bioflavinoid. Or slice lemons (or other citrus) and pour hot water over it. I take it with ginger juice, for the anti-inflammatory effect. A couple of times a day.

We have been taking it and DH's doctor said to continue. It's hard to evaluate how effective it is.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 6:46 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
a small study with 2 case reports indicating that high doses of glutathione oral and/or IV relieved dyspnea due to covid very rapidly. Mucomyst is available for Nebulizer sand contains NAC, a glutathione precursor.

Thanks! DH was evaluated by Hatzolah prior to Yom tov and he was pulse oxing adequately so he didn't go on oxygen. He has an appointment with his doctor for Tuesday and his chest x-ray taken before Yom tov was BH normal so I will continue to monitor his pulse ox.

avrahamama

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 6:55 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Thanks! DH was evaluated by Hatzolah prior to Yom tov and he was pulse oxing adequately so he didn't go on oxygen. He has an appointment with his doctor for Tuesday and his chest x-ray taken before Yom tov was BH normal so I will continue to monitor his pulse ox.

I came on hoping to hear from you! How are you both feeling? I remember reading that day 7ish is when symptoms peak. Please take good care. I hope you're well!

southernbubby

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 7:21 pm
avrahamama wrote:
I came on hoping to hear from you! How are you both feeling? I remember reading that day 7ish is when symptoms peak. Please take good care. I hope you're well!

Thanks! At the moment I am BH able to do some dishes and then sit down and rest. I had some episodes of tachycardia since the symptoms started so I was afraid to try hydroxychloroquine. At one point on Shabbos, my resting heart rate was 130 and that felt terrible but BH, it's currently normal and my fever is down, BH.

DH is pulse oxing low 90s but then it comes up to mid-90s and we were told we can stay home as long as it goes up.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 7:25 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
Hydroxychloroquine is so last year.
Last year, this year, it saved me this week.

keym

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 7:30 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Thanks! At the moment I am BH able to do some dishes and then sit down and rest. I had some episodes of tachycardia since the symptoms started so I was afraid to try hydroxychloroquine. At one point on Shabbos, my resting heart rate was 130 and that felt terrible but BH, it's currently normal and my fever is down, BH.

DH is pulse oxing low 90s but then it comes up to mid-90s and we were told we can stay home as long as it goes up.

Refuah shelaima.
Would you be comfortable giving names for us to daven for.
For now, I'm davening for southernbubby and Mr. Southernbubby.

youngishbear

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 7:36 pm
keym wrote:
Refuah shelaima.

Maybe southernzeidy?

I was thinking that it might be a good idea to start a thread for tehillim names. Unfortunately there are probably quite a few.

Southernbubby can add her name anonymously.

SixOfWands

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 8:04 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Maybe southernzeidy?

I was thinking that it might be a good idea to start a thread for tehillim names. Unfortunately there are probably quite a few.

I davened using her nyms. I figure Hashem knows.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 8:06 pm
dankbar wrote:
They dont want to give it easily because effects on heart. If have bp or any other heart related condition, idk if can be taken.

Check if it doesnt interact with other meds patient takes for other things.

There isn't a pharmaceutical in this world that doesn't pose some side effects for some people. But all in all, hydroxychoriquin seems to be very effective for covid for so many people if taken early on. The studies that marked it as dangerous were conducted with 4x the normal dosage and are therefore worthless studies.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 8:07 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Maybe southernzeidy?

Not a bad idea to have a thread for names.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 8:09 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I davened using her nyms. I figure Hashem knows.

He heard you and I did the laundry and the dishes, not that there was much of either.

keym

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 8:12 pm
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....06280

I started this Tehillim thread.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 8:14 pm
keym wrote:
Refuah shelaima.

Thanks!
I am Leah Miriam bas Feiga Geneshe and DH is Reuven Kehos ben Rochel Fruma.

That's so nice of you guys to think of me! I was so terrified of this virus and I think that BH I am managing it but DH is older, male, and has high blood pressure so I kinda drive him crazy about oxygen level and that he should walk around. He barely eats.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics