Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
American yeshivish information for aliyah
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 1:44 am
If you are yeshivish but don’t fit in the Israeli chareidi or dl, are considering ( o made) aliyah, please share the information here.
Many people considering aliyah now due to the situation in NY, but is hard to fit in the Israeli boxes.
Please post community, schools, etc to look in to

tree of life

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 3:41 am
Hi I live in rbs aleph and help and advise people if they want to live in Israel please pm I try help you

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 1:42 pm
bump for more responses. thanks

tree of life

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 2:13 pm
Please pm I try help you

Success10

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 2:45 pm
There are a number of threads on the topic. The general answer is you have to weigh the pros and cons, it might not be in your kids' best interests to make aliyah. The schools you will be accepted to might not have been your first choice.

Location wise, your best bet is Ramat Beit Shemesh Alef. Schools: for girls elementary Bnos Malka and for high school Pneinei Chen. I'm not so saavy on boy's options. I saw a thread on Nitzchei Yisrael and Darchei Noam. https://www.imamother.com/foru.....90299 There is a growing group of like-minded Yeshivish families who would like to raise their boys to have career options, and I think there are schools available for that crowd. The kids would not be fully integrated into mainstream Chareidi society if they attend those schools. That might not be a problem, though.

Other options are to join the Torani community, which is Zionist, with a high standard of halacha but much more open-minded about other factors.

Just some things to consider.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 2:58 pm
Ramat bet shemesh aleph has many options
Elementary schools are for boys Magen avot, torat moshe, darchei Noam, netzach
Elementary for girls Magen avot, bnos malka, netzach
High school for boys mesifta, maarava, nehora, there is a new high school opening under Rabbi carmi gross
Girls high school is pnenei chen and a few new ones.

You have every type of frum in the yeshivish track.
Come to Israel, you won't regret it.

Shuls you also have many options

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 8:12 am
Since this wasn't mentioned...

In RBS many anglos send to the mainstream charedi schools (ie Bais Yaakov Harama for girls, several of the chadarim for boys- Avi Ezri, Toras Shalom, Toras Moshe...)

Reading the thread I think someone could get the idea that the mainstream schools are all born-Israeli families and the Americans all send elsewhere, so thought I'd clarify.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 8:57 am
You a have to pick a box to vibe with. That's the reality. You don't have to full fit but you do have to live a fine line of being on the same page of the schools and community. You will have to make sacrifices.

grace413

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:36 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
there is a new high school opening under Rabbi carmi gross
G

Just want to say that I know Rabbi Carmi Gross personally and I'm sure any school he's in charge of would be a very fine place.

amother
Milk

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:25 am
Here are some options besides for RBS A:

Apparently, an American community (Lakewood-like) is trying to be established in Afula Illit.
See the Avira D'Eretz Yisrael group/website for more info. There is an existing small American community there.
There are freestanding homes there. Housing options are much cheaper than RBS. It is very close to an already established Chareidi community in Givat Hamoreh and Afula itself is a relatively big city with government offices, stores, etc.

Yavniel is another option. There's a small American community there. It's about a 15 minute drive to Tiveriah and 30 minute drive to Afulah. (There aren't many local stores.) Most families home-school and are into home-birthing and alternative medicine. There are no local schools for the average Litvish family.
What's unique about Yavniel is that you can potentially buy land to grow your own animals and farm your own fruits and vegetables.

Givat Ze'ev seems like it would fit what you're looking for, but I don't have much information about it.
I'm sure there might be other places.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:30 am
You have to decide to accept the differences and “but into the system”. It’s different than America, but with a little adjustment it’s great. My neighborhood is chareidi, but totally open to men working. The Americans seem quite happy here.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:59 am
Rechovot is another option. There is an American community and also there are many Israelis who want more of an American yeshivish type schools. There is eitz Chaim for boys and girls. A new yeshiva High school is opening for boys this year. There is no girls high school except the regular beis yakov, but there are a range of types there and as far as I know they do bagrut. Rechovot is only a place to come if you are happy with a smaller Anglo community and realize that most of your kids class will be Israeli.

I would say that outside of the big Israeli cities like yerushalyim, bnei berak and bet shemesh the lines between hashkafa are much less rigid. For example yavneh, which is totally Israeli has charadi schools with high level secular.

amother
Milk

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 2:06 am
Here are some options besides for RBS A:

Apparently, an American community (Lakewood-like) is trying to be established in Afula Illit.
See the Avira D'Eretz Yisrael group/website for more info. There is an existing small American community there.
There are freestanding homes there. Housing options are much cheaper than RBS. It is very close to an already established Chareidi community in Givat Hamoreh and Afula itself is a relatively big city with government offices, stores, etc.

Yavniel is another option. There's a small American community there. It's about a 15 minute drive to Tiveriah and 30 minute drive to Afulah. (There aren't many local stores.) Most families home-school and are into home-birthing and alternative medicine. There are no local schools for the average Litvish family.
What's unique about Yavniel is that you can potentially buy land to grow your own animals and farm your own fruits and vegetables.

Givat Ze'ev seems like it would fit what you're looking for, but I don't have much information about it.
I'm sure there might be other places.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 3:29 am
Let me just give you something to think about. We too are a yeshiva family who made aliyah from North America. Some of our boys were 23 and younger. At that age the boys either have to be affiliated with a recognized yeshiva or the boys will receive draft notice. I wasn't going to 'put their names on THE list' so they wouldn't be drafted, that's absolute sheker. So one drafted through Netzach Yehudah, the 'frum' division and the other the regular way - he actually has more frum guys in his group which is ironic actually.

What can I say, BH they are so happy. They've learned so much and we are so proud of them. It's not the doom and gloom and you're kid comes out OTD like people told us. Those people had no inkling of what the IDF was about and believed all the untruths told to them too. I'm sure there are stories like that but I can also tell you, without even thinking, about a dozen or more guys who went OTD from yeshiva too.

I'm just saying not to write off the idea of the IDF option. My boys are so glad they did it.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 4:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If you are yeshivish but don’t fit in the Israeli chareidi or dl, are considering ( o made) aliyah, please share the information here.
Many people considering aliyah now due to the situation in NY, but is hard to fit in the Israeli boxes.
Please post community, schools, etc to look in to

My husband is involved in this niche exactly.
Head over to these websites and use the contact information there. Chareidi orgs geared to charedi aliya.
naavakodesh.org
aviraderetzyisroel.org
Hatzlacha.

theoneandonly

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 4:57 am
If you want to live in yerushalayim, look into givat hamivtar/french hill. Very nice American communities there. For schools - for boys check out brafmans/toras aharon and for girls check out shira chadasha. I know ppl are trying to start new, even more American-"just plain frum" boys and girls schools here as well but I don't have info on them.

theoneandonly

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 4:58 am
Also check out rabbi Fischer's housing project in mitzpe yericho. They are trying to start an American community there

amother
Midnight

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 2:08 pm
Anyone have any updated info? We are a yeshivish open minded family from Flatbush that is interested in aliyah.

amother
Crystal

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 2:02 pm
Bumping this up for more ideas!

amother
Steelblue

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 2:38 pm
There are some schools in Yerushalayim as well. For elementary boys there is Beit Raban in Neve Yaakov (but the boys come from all over the city)
For girls you have Ayelet Hashachar.
High school girls you have Lapidot, Bnot Chayil, Darkei Sara
High school (yeshiva) aged boys there is Maarava (outside Yerushalayim) and other like places.

Many of these schools are newer but growing at rapid pace.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions