Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Disinfecting house during and after Covid

southernbubby

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 8:27 pm
How much disinfecting did you do during and after the infection? At what point were you able to let in cleaning help? Does it pay to disinfect during the infection? What about lending or giving away objects that were in the house during the infection?

mommish613

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 8:39 pm
In the beginning I was super careful
about changing towels, disinfecting bathrooms, doorknobs etc

Once I myself got sick I gave up- I had very little strength to clean and did the minimal.

I took my cleaning help back after my last sick child was finished their 10 days

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 8:43 pm
We just sprayed some Lysol, changed the bedding and towels and opened some windows. We don’t have cleaning and or lend stuff so not relevant to us

Frumwithallergies

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 8:49 pm
I suggest Lysol wipes or similar for high touch surfaces (light switches, toilet flushes, faucet handles) or spray bottles with shmattas for frequent wipe downs . (Wash those shmattas on hot water, regularly).

I looked at the CDC website for covid-icidal products.

I used to clean with vinegar, but it's a no-go for covid.

As for giving away stuff, the person on the receiving end should 'quarantine' any accepted items for 3 days at least.

Edited to add: Refuah shleimah!!! If you are both sick at the same time, focus on recovery and isolating, and less about disinfecting for now!

Last edited by Frumwithallergies on Mon, Oct 12 2020, 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 8:50 pm
Since you and your husband are both sick (refuah shelaima!) and no one else lives with you, you shouldn't worry so much about disinfecting right now unless you have people coming into the house to help you. If that's the case, then they should wear protective gear (masks, gloves) and you should make sure that the entranceway and anywhere else they might enter is disinfected to the best of your ability. If no one is coming in, then just take it easy for now and do a major clean when you're feeling more up to it. There are also services you can hire on a one time basis to come in and disinfect your home.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 9:04 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
Since you and your husband are both sick (refuah shelaima!) and no one else lives with you, you shouldn't worry so much about disinfecting right now unless you have people coming into the house to help you. If that's the case, then they should wear protective gear (masks, gloves) and you should make sure that the entranceway and anywhere else they might enter is disinfected to the best of your ability. If no one is coming in, then just take it easy for now and do a major clean when you're feeling more up to it. There are also services you can hire on a one time basis to come in and disinfect your home.

We haven't been letting people in.
Hatzolah did come to check my husband before Shabbos but he was protected.
I have seen ads for disinfecting the house and car.

Thanks for your answers ladies!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics