Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
WWYD? Embarrassed to ask

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 11:59 pm
I subscribe to a certain product. They sent me a link to invite friends to get free samples. Of course this is meant for people who are not already subscribers. I sent myself the invitation to my work email address and placed the order to my work address. The second I did it I immediately felt regret, I knew all along it wasn't right but only at that last minute got that clarity that this is not who I want to be even if I can totally get away with it. I immediately closed the window literally the second after I clicked submit, hoping it would not process. But later I got an email saying that the payment went through and my order is confirmed.

Now what? If I tell the original company they'll probably close my account and I'll never be able to subscribe again. I guess I could take that chance for the sake of honesty. I'm just so embarrassed that I did this.

It's not a small free sample. If it were mini shampoo packets I'd forget it. It's about $20 worth.
embarrassed

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 12:02 am
You could give the sample to someone else.

Teomima

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 12:03 am
Give it to a friend.

acemom

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 12:04 am
$20? Did you mean to write $200?

If it's only $20 I'd just leave the order as is and not do anything.

daagahminayin

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 12:05 am
I think you could call the company and tell them you mistakenly signed up using your work address. I highly doubt they would cancel your account. Maybe they would cancel the order. Or maybe they would say you can keep it. And if you’re still uncomfortable you could give it to someone else.

OP, you are a good person, trying to do the right thing. I admire your honesty.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 12:12 am
Giving it to a friend is a good idea. I was too disturbed to think of that. I just hope that I will still have the strength to do that once the item is in my hands. Easier to just click "cancel" like I tried in the first place.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions