Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Bariatric Surgery -Sleeve- everything I shld know
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 7:52 pm
Sleeve or band?
Lose slower and exercise religiously 4-5 a week and add weight in a few weeks

ellacoe

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 10:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Bumping this one more time as I’m actually going ahead with this next week iyh!! If you have experience with this and can tell me anything I can benefit of knowing, especially on how to minimize sagging skin and any other details worth knowing, please share!

Should we be with mazel. Which did you decide to do? Where are you doing it?

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 10:31 pm
Hatzlocha! I’m 7 weeks out from the sleeve.
Bh feeling very good. It’s an adjustment - and bottom line is we now have the tool. It’s very easy to eat junk all day. I consciously tell myself drink, have protein and veggies ...
good luck with the surgery! You’re going to do great!

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 11:12 pm
And you must all exercise if you don’t want to be left with extra sagging Upper arms, stomache, etc
Try to lose slowly to give yourself time to exercise and tighten while you lose
Anybody post sleeve 7 years or more?
Unfortunately most people I know start to gain after 5 years

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 12:45 am
As a hematology doctor I will just mention here that people who do lap band and gastric sleeve do not absorb iron and b12 (and many other vitamins) from their diet so you must start seeing a hematologist to get iron intravenously and b12 Injection’s. If you don’t you will suffer about 10 years down the line with iron deficiency anemia and b12 deficiency which can cause early dementia

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 1:44 pm
Can you share who the surgeon is?

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 8:35 pm
Bumping this up.
Op how did the surgery go? Would you reccomend?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 8:38 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
As a hematology doctor I will just mention here that people who do lap band and gastric sleeve do not absorb iron and b12 (and many other vitamins) from their diet so you must start seeing a hematologist to get iron intravenously and b12 Injection’s. If you don’t you will suffer about 10 years down the line with iron deficiency anemia and b12 deficiency which can cause early dementia

I had the sleeve 2 years ago and had no clue about this
Early dementia?

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 9:37 pm
I’m seriously thinking bout the sleeve op. Can you share how you are doing? Any advice please? Who did you use? Thank you.

nicole81

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 5:18 am
I had the sleeve done almost 7 years ago. I've maintained a 125-130 lb weight loss, even having 2 more children post surgery. There have been some givebacks in terms of quality of life, however I'm sure staying morbidly obese my entire adult life would have triggered different, and possibly worse quality of life issues.

One thing I think is relevant is that I ate healthy prior to going for surgery. I was constantly hungry and had a slow metabolism, so instead of one serving of fish, I'd eat three. My calorie intake was very high as a result, even though I ate quality food. But with the restrictions of surgery, I didn't need to modify what I ate, so it was an easy transition and weight loss. I actually have had to add more fat and calories to my diet so I don't go under weight (it happened to me a couple of years out, and so I have my lowest weight that I monitor to stay above). I think people that eat poorly, binge eat, emotionally eat, etc, won't have long term success unless they work out their issues beforehand.

There is only one doctor I would recommend in NY, and that's Dr. Roslin in Lenox Hill Hospital. I believe he practices in Westchester, too. He's at the top of the field, develops and publishes successful modifications to the procedure, has excellent patient outcomes, never lost a patient and had less than a half a percent complication rate (at the time I used him). Everyone I know that used him was successful long term.

I'm not on here often but I mod the group Kosher Sleeves on Facebook if anyone is on there and has any questions.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Feb 09 2023, 12:59 pm
OP can you share with us how you're doing? As I am considering doing it and want to hear more feedback.

ladYdI

Post Thu, Feb 09 2023, 1:56 pm
I had the band 15 years ago and highly recommend it!

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Feb 14 2023, 12:49 am
ladYdI wrote:
I had the band 15 years ago and highly recommend it!

I was told by my internist and a bariatric surgeon they don’t do the band anymore%?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise