Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Your most AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS cookie recipe - please?
Previous  1  2

Post Sun, Jul 07 2013, 1:28 pm
lk1234 wrote:
Squishy- are you talking about these?

Peanut Butter Cookies

1/2 cup margarine (one stick), softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter, any kind (if you use the crunchy kind, you will have gorgeous little nuts in your cookies!)
1 egg
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt

Cream your sugars with the margarine and peanut butter. Beat in egg and then stir in the remaining ingredients. Shape into small balls and then flatten with fork to make ridges on top of each cookie.

Bake at 350 for approx 12 minutes; less time for chewy cookies.

Makes about 2 dozen medium sized cookies.

I like them with 1/2 tsp of baking soda better. Kosher by design for kids in the kitchen adds 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.

FYI: this is a great recipe if you are baking for someone with a wheat restriction. I made this recipe with wheat free flour and it was still excellent.

mochacoffee

Post Sun, Jul 07 2013, 1:44 pm
I use Susie Fishbeins zebra cookie recipe and instead of coating in confectioners sugar, I add chocolate chips to the batter, everything else is the same. They come out amazing! They taste like cookie - brownie bites.

happy mom1

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 10:43 am
Squishy, are thosepeanut butter cookies chewy or crunchy?

frosting

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 11:20 am
PinkFridge wrote:
The peppermint mocha cookies are fantastic. To anyone who wants to make them: I strongly urge you to splurge on REAL peppermint extract, not the medicinal imitation. I'm not a purist but for mint extract I think it's necessary. The cookies were MUCH better with the real thing.

Another favorite recipe of mine is
http://www.crumblycookie.net/2.....kies/

I use margarine, and Taster's Choice french vanilla coffee powder in this recipe. Totally awesome. Not very pretty but they'll go.

just thought it would be easier for anyone wanting to save into their recipe box!

Thick and Chewy Double Chocolate Cookies (from Cooks Illustrated September 1999)

Makes about 3½ dozen cookies

To melt the chocolate in a microwave, heat at 50 percent power for 2 minutes, stir, then continue heating at 50 percent power for 1 more minute. If not completely melted, heat an additional 30 to 45 seconds at 50 percent power. Semisweet chocolate chips (12 ounces) may be added for a bigger chocolate punch; if used, they will slightly increase the yield on the cookies. We recommend using a spring-loaded ice cream scoop to scoop the dough. Resist the urge to bake the cookies longer than indicated; they may appear underbaked at first but will firm up as they cool.

2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
½ cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon table salt
16 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons instant coffee or espresso powder
10 tablespoons unsalted butter (1¼ sticks), softened but still firm
1½ cups light brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar

1. Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl; set aside. Melt chocolate in medium heatproof bowl set over pan of almost-simmering water, stirring once or twice, until smooth; remove from heat. Beat eggs and vanilla lightly with fork, sprinkle coffee powder over to dissolve, and set aside.

2. In bowl of standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment (or with hand mixer), beat butter at medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 5 seconds (15 seconds with hand mixer). Beat in sugars until combined, about 45 seconds (1½ minutes with hand mixer); mixture will look granular. Reduce speed to low and gradually beat in egg mixture until incorporated, about 45 seconds (1½ minutes with hand mixer). Add chocolate in steady stream and beat until combined, about 40 seconds (1 minute with hand mixer). Scrape bottom and sides of bowl with rubber spatula. With mixer at low speed, add flour mixture and mix until combined, about 40 seconds (1 minute with hand mixer). Do not overbeat. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature until consistency is scoopable and fudgelike, about 30 minutes.

3. Meanwhile, adjust oven racks to upper- and lower-middle positions and heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Leaving about 1½-inches between each ball, scoop dough onto parchment-lined cookie sheets with 1 ¾-inch diameter ice cream scoop.

4. Bake cookies until edges have just begun to set but centers are still very soft, about 10 minutes, turning cookie sheets from front to back and switching from top to bottom racks halfway through baking.

5. Cool cookies on sheets about 10 minutes, slide parchment with cookies onto wire rack and cool to room temperature; remove with wide metal spatula.

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 11:38 am
happy mom1 wrote:
Squishy, are thosepeanut butter cookies chewy or crunchy?

I make them chewy. Just leave them in the oven a bit longer. They are still my most raved about cookies. I made a double batch today.

Roots

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 5:00 am
gonna make the peanut butter cookies now. ill update soon
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins