Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Wondering about like-minded Chassidish women in Brooklyn
Previous  1  2  3

Do you
Agree  
 42%  [ 46 ]
Disagree  
 36%  [ 39 ]
Nuanced Other Opinion explained below  
 21%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 108

Geulanow

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 7:59 am
The death rate among Oriental people, hispanics and blacks has been higher than whites.. Positive cases and death rates were higher than Boro Park and Williamsburg in other places. Of course, Cuomo and de Blasio have done such a great job during the pandemic that you can't blame them for anything - they can only blame chassidim and other orthodox Jews.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 8:22 am
youngishbear wrote:
I'm curious how alone I am in my views.

That Covid is serious
That we do not have herd immunity yet
That it's not "all political" despite how badly it's being handled politically
That we ought to be taking precautions a lot more seriously, voluntarily
That we are not being targeted by antisemites, necessarily (nuanced opinions on this accepted)
That this is nothing like the Greeks or the German persecution of Jews

I'm oot and Litvish. So take my agree vote out of the cheshbon.
ETA: Though I think that there is some targeting. But you said necessarily. Also, it's not all political, I.e. there could be some politics. So I agree except for some subtle nuance.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 8:53 am
youngishbear wrote:
Getting away with our secular studies "system." Metzitzeh b'peh.

Just two examples off the top of my head.

Seit and p3. I was told by a doe insider that we are the biggest users of this and generally no one in public school gets the amount of hours that our students get.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 8:59 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Do you really believe this or is it something you want or were told to think?

For starters, We have unbelievable power in NY?

Elaborate on our unbelievable power, please. Be specific!

Then we can discuss some of your other claims

In the past 3 decades when was the last time your cleaning lady from the agency showed up and it was a lady in a snood ready to work ?

gyf45

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 9:45 am
That Covid is serious- it’s a virus we have to let everyone go through it - it’s mutated to go under masks anyway. Prepare ur immune system like any other virus and stop succumbing to the media hype
That we do not have herd immunity yet- I don’t believe any of the numbers good or bad it’s all skewed.
That it's not "all political" despite how badly it's being handled politically- oh yeah de blasio is ordering ppl to call 311 if they see any shuls open with more than 10 ppl why can’t he turn to manhattan - clusters of ppl in the playground no one wearing masks, schmoozing inches from each other - all “pure” white ppl- I witnessed it firsthand.
(Me and my kids have been wearing them PROPERLY but I’m not interested in doing so anymore)
That we ought to be taking precautions a lot more seriously, voluntarily If not for the mask issue they wld find something else- maybe on our husbands tisch bekeshes
That we are not being targeted by antisemites, necessarily (nuanced opinions on this accepted) See above - white people are not included
That this is nothing like the Greeks or the German persecution of Jews - ppl can be so easily brainwashed to do the bidding of one person

gyf45

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 9:49 am
[quote="amother [ Green ]"]In the past 3 decades when was the last time your cleaning lady from the agency showed up and it was a lady in a snood ready to work ?[/
There is a valid reason for that- were all ladies in snoods cleaning our own houses no need to do others

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 10:28 am
I beleive its real but the government 's over reaction is pushing people the other way, Now they don't beleive in anything our Mayor or govenors warn us about. If masks work than the rule should be open shuls with masks and send down police for that. Fine Congregations for not having purel in shul, dirty towels. Closing down shul is political. Fines given out for everything because the government need the money. I heard some of the fines given out were given to stores that were closed on yom tov.
Black lives Matter was a big one for people it went against every rule. And that was when people lost trust. Wash hands often against getting sick. And where a mask when in close contact to others everythinf else doesn't help

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 11:26 am
Covid is not as scary as the liberal media makes it out to be. If taught how to treat it early on then the person has a high recovery rate.
Wearing masks on the street are bullsh@t. It׳s not called saving lives. It’s called following your stupid government blindly. Wearing them in stores is another thing. Simchas should definitely be much smaller then they usually are. As long as people travel they’ll keep bringing the virus with them.
I don’t believe in herd immunity but once you get the virus you should be good to go. Basically 86% of Bklyn got it already at this point. Some that stayed home religiously got it as well. So masks.....
It’s definitely political at this point. Especially in NYC. They want to kill the economy and blame Trump. I’ve seen enough online the past month. Trust me.
Schools should remain open with precaution.
We are being targeted and you know it. Mosques are open and packed....
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics