Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
In quarantine and out of ideas: a vent
Previous  1  2

DVOM

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 12:49 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
I really can’t understand anyone who’s been hosting guests

I can't understand it either, and I did it.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 4:32 pm
I feel so bad for you. It’s like a perfect storm. Even in a perfect world I wouldn’t want a guest staying for Sukkos and then for another two weeks. I’m sure even Eliyahu Hanavi would get on my nerves. How much more so some people who came to you during coronavirus. Plus they brought the virus with them. Plus you need to feed them as well!!!!!!!!!! Totally nuts. Plus it doesn’t sound like you have daughters to help with the cooking or housework. What I might do, if I were in your situation, is have a nervous breakdown, stay under the covers all day, and have my husband order takeout for all of the meals. For sure you should get a Netflix subscription or buy some books online (I’m not a watcher) and anything else that can ease your pain (bubble baths, yoga mat, lots of chocolate). Good luck.

DREAMING

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 4:43 pm
Grump away! It’s ok and you better than ok. You’re awesome!!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 4:54 pm
I am so so sorry! Hug

summer0808

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 8:57 am
Would you like me to pick up something for you? I live in lakewood. What is your craving?

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 10:27 am
Your post is so relatable and real. I think we've all felt that at one point over the last 7 months. Take a breather wherever and whenever you can and remember we are all here rooting for you!

amother
White

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 10:51 am
mommish613 wrote:
DVOM,

This was us a few weeks ago (minus the guests, please send them home!)

At first I was stressed and resentful. But something happened after a few days, almost like what happened when schools shut before Purim. An aura of calm washed over my home- we woke up late, went to sleep whenever, cooked and baked and made lots of online orders. We relished in the peace and calm and serenity in my house. I was able to just be without stressing about going out and doing errands and accomplishing tasks (I also work from home). Some kids did remote learning, some couldn’t. Both were okay.

Ultimately we all got sick (most of us anyway) and I am grateful that we are mostly back on track. This time also taught me to once again appreciate the small things in life- the blessing of being free to going out and getting fresh air, taking care of my family, and just doing my best (nothing more!). It was something I forgot after the first wave and glad for the gift of new perspective once again

that line.
hoping for op the same

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 10:57 am
DVOM wrote:
I can't understand it either, and I did it.

My friend got herself invited for yom Tov to someone in a different state and she now has the virus

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 12:53 pm
Feeling your pain (or kvetches anyway). Totally have my sympathy there. Not gonna be fun. Here are some ways to make it manageable if u can incorporate 1 or 2 even

After lunch every day go to your room for an hr. It's your time. Lay on your bed. Read watch. Do whatever. Kids will cope. I did this and it gave me chizuk to continue the day.

If you have some bigger kids give them dinner duty one day each. Pita pizza...egg and chips....pancakes are all fine dinners.

Make a chores list on fridge
Everyone has 1 or 2 jobs they do every day. If all jobs get done u order pizza on Thurs or whatever else works. Jobs should be age appropriate including sweeping floors,wiping counters, bringing laundry hampers to machine, clearing from dinner etc. Every night at dinner check in on who's done jobs etc

Wear a robe. Don't get dressed every day. Robe with PJ's under for a treat. You will feel more cozy.

Maybe your guests want to treat everyone to take away now and then. Leave menus out as a nice hint.

Would any of these work?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics