Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/o what was the worst meal you received?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 6:06 pm
What was the weirdest/worst meal you have received from a meal train?

mha3484

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 6:08 pm
Not worst but once a friend decided to buy us chinese take out which was so so nice of her but everything she ordered was super super spicy of which we are not fans. I felt so bad she spent all that money for nothing.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 6:09 pm
Please please do not do this.
Whoever sent assume best intentions.
And lets support these meal trains who help so many. Lets not make people feel more on the spot about the level of the supper they send.
If you want to do something productive then talk about ways to get the input of the family/person to whom you are sending so efforts and goals are most effectively targeted and met.
If you don't want to give or get from meal train then just opt out.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 6:10 pm
A thread like this is in poor taste and reeks of ingratitude. And also, kind of proving the point of those that don't agree with the concept of a meal train.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 6:10 pm
I'll start. It was semi frozen and cold. Had to warm it up in the microwave until it was edible.
What it was doesn't matter, but ladies the point of sending food over is so mom and kids have ready warm food!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 6:12 pm
Only once as a kid, when a neighbor sent boiled chicken without any seasoning. But it was still very nice of her to go out of her way! I didn't complain. I just asked my mom if I could have a dollar to buy a slice of pizza (those were the days). Smile

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Oct 13 2020, 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

shmosmom

Any meal cooked by someone else is a good meal.
I do specify that we don't eat fish. Otherwise, I'll eat whatever they cook.

thunderstorm

amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'll start. It was semi frozen and cold. Had to warm it up in the microwave until it was edible.
What it was doesn't matter, but ladies the point of sending food over is so mom and kids have ready warm food!

Um...sorry. You can pop it into your oven and turn the oven on for a few minutes. Many people davka send cold food so that you warm it up for when your family is ready to eat. Just saying.

amother
Chartreuse

Ok, now I know you are starting this for the laughs, OP. That said, I am not a huge proponent of meal trains so I don't mind.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 6:13 pm
Sloppy Joe- when it’s congealed it’s the most disgusting thing ever. I haven’t eaten or made sloppy joe since.
I don’t want people to make me meals- I’ll order takeout or make myself. This person insisted on making me supper.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 6:14 pm
Deleted. My post came across as unappreciative.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 6:15 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Um...sorry. You can pop it into your oven and turn the oven on for a few minutes. Many people davka send cold food so that you warm it up for when your family is ready to eat. Just saying.

I disagree. When food arrives 6 o'clock and the kids are hungry and ready to eat popping into the oven just takes a long time for them.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 6:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I disagree. When food arrives 6 o'clock and the kids are hungry and ready to eat popping into the oven just takes a long time for them.
so the problem here is that the food arrived way too late. It should arrive around 4 pm if cold

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 6:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Really?
It must have been a huge tircha to have to microwave it.
How does she know what time you eat so that it can be delivered hot and on time?
Maybe she forgot it was her night so rather than coming up empty, she took what she had in the freezer as her back up and gave her kids plain noodles?
Maybe she works hard and or had something with her kids and can't cook dinner at 3 so that it can be delivered hot and fresh at 5.
Either be super appreciative of what you get of don't take.

sky

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 6:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I work. So I’ll make the food the night before and I will drop it off after work so the family can eat it at supper time. Or if I can’t my DH will drop it off that morning.
I’m assuming most families that send suppers the mothers work and aren’t available before dinner to heat the food

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 6:18 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Please please do not do this.
Whoever sent assume best intentions.
And lets support these meal trains who help so many. Lets not make people feel more on the spot about the level of the supper they send.
If you want to do something productive then talk about ways to get the input of the family/person to whom you are sending so efforts and goals are most effectively targeted and met.
If you don't want to give or get from meal train then just opt out.

I am totally not trying to bash anyone here. I'm actually very pro these meal trains. But I feel if someone does go out of her way to prepare food for another family at least make it look good.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 6:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am totally not trying to bash anyone here. I'm actually very pro these meal trains. But I feel if someone does go out of her way to prepare food for another family at least make it look good.

Thank you for giving me the final push to not make meals for other anymore.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 6:19 pm
sky wrote:
I work. So I’ll make the food the night before and I will drop it off after work so the family can eat it at supper time. Or if I can’t my DH will drop it off that morning.
I’m assuming most families that send suppers the mothers work and aren’t available before dinner to heat the food

If it comes in the morning I'll gladly take it cold. Ofc everything has its place and time.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 6:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Oh poor you! You had 9 months to prep as many dinners as you needed, and instead you put the responsibility on someone else who went out of her way to cook you a meal when she could have sent you over a box of pasta with instructions. And it was frozen. Nebach!

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 6:25 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Some weird veggie soup
Meat loaf
Kraut luckshon
String beans
It was the worst cuz my husband and I are picky eaters. It was everything we really dislike
Then came dessert, and ooohhh, looked like a good cake. Sadly it was topped with coconut, which we both hate.

After that I called my mom (who used to be picky herself) we're too picky, I'm not taking meals anymore. To which she replied, I know, I always say, tuna sandwich is best hahaha

Another time, I got dinner 2 hours late, 7 instead of 5, cuz had to be million things. I was pretty upset cuz I was really hungry.

Thanked them both

Anon cuz I said it irl too.

See, this is why this thread irks me. You can't account for tastes. This meal sounds yummy. I'd eat it in a heartbeat, even though I'm not pregnant or postpartum!

If someone litters on your lawn, I get why you would be upset, cuz it makes more work for you and messes up your property.

If someone sent you food you don't like, just say thanks and throw it out. You can still feel good that they thought of you! How does it hurt you?

(I get the late arrival annoyance, cuz otherwise you would have prepped your tuna sandwich earlier.)
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics