Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Please please please a new support group here needed

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 1:15 am
I need a support group for moms dealing with difficult teens like ADD or other such kinds of issues . I'm not coping anymore. And it's not even big issues, but even the small ones are becoming big to me and starting to get to me so much. Like talking loud late at night on phone . Yes I've mentioned to him about it , goes into one ear out of the next. Smoking, bringing smell into house , complaining not enough food in the house for him . Otherwise he is a good kid . Hes mostly home . Socializing from home , has friends, learns , reads , and talks on phone . Helps a little out . But how can I deal with the things that are so hard for me . I cannot handle the being up late talking on the phone. Is this normal??? 1:10 evening still on phone?? He takes break a bit and next hour again on the phone. At night it's the most . And lots of things that are just so so hard for me to go through mothering teenagers. I'm open with him and we do have good relationship bh but sometimes I just grit my teeth and feel like pulling my hair out .

Thanks for listening to my vent.

essie14

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 1:18 am
You need a therapist, not just a virtual support group.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 1:20 am
Just need to add that that's how it is while off yashiva though on a regular schedule he dorms and is away . But from before sukkos until they go back is a long time and hard.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 1:36 am
essie14 wrote:
You need a therapist, not just a virtual support group.

So maybe imamother isnt interesting anymore because I've read so many other problems from other threads , maybe everyone else look into therapy and stop coming up her venting .

But No. I look at it differently. Who said I dont deal with a therapist? but I think obvious people and me included can use inputs, chizik , guidance from others, if not people wouldnt voice their vents here . Obviously it's nice to share and hear . That said I dont feel your answer is In any way helpful . We all know about therapists and that doesnt mean u cannot ask or share here . I did see so many times nice, beautiful , smart, responses . Honestly a lot of times people here are very considerate and give such good advice . I must say I learned and took out a lot of good things from wise people that are on here. So please dont make me feel like "dont come here cause u wont gain anything " I feel its very unfair to get such a respond . We all know about therapists and obvious this imam. Is open for these kinds of things , if not yael can close ima today .
I always say and I'll say it again . If someone doesn't have anything to add or no advice why respond at all? We have hundreds of women here . If you cant respond or have nothing to add there will always be some that will throw in a good word or good advice it does not need be you .

essie14

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 1:46 am
You said you're not coping. You never said you were dealing with a therapist. I'm just basing my response on your exact words.
Yes, you can get basic advice here but for real issues with a child with a diagnosis as you yourself said in your post, you need a trained professional, not just random moms on the internet.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 2:04 am
essie14 wrote:
You said you're not coping. You never said you were dealing with a therapist. I'm just basing my response on your exact words.
Yes, you can get basic advice here but for real issues with a child with a diagnosis as you yourself said in your post, you need a trained professional, not just random moms on the internet.

My son never got a diagnose. I just mentioned my own imaginations and I meant to ask from people that also have such kinds of issues with a kid, and I gave some examples but not that my ds was ever diagnosed. I can just see on my own what type the behavior is showing . Obviously your not experienced in this field just yet , so I'll wait for others that understand and know where I'm coming from.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children