Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Day trips with covid
Previous  1  2

Stars

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 12:32 pm
I can’t fathom how this is even a question.
Why do we owe you not to bite your head off? You’re potentially spreading the virus all over the place.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 12:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Please dont bite my head off.
We are awaiting results but my husband likely has covid.
Any ideas of what we can do out of the house ?
One great idea, we drove near the airport and sat outside our car and watched planes take off and land. No other ppl around. Kids loved it.
We cant do long walks cuz I'm 8 m pregnant and cant tolerate it.
Kids 11-baby
Like are we allowed to go to a playground w no other ppl?
Are we allowed to go apple picking if we stay far from other ppl?
Any other ideas?
Pls dont yell at me.

If your husband likely has covid, he needs to stay home, and he needs to isolate from you and the kids to the extent possible. You really don't want to go into labor with covid.

And yes, you all need to isolate. No playground, even when other people are not around. You and your kids may leave infection on surfaces. No apple picking. No long drives.

Unless you have a private sukkah, you should eat at home. Please CYLOR.

Make it a staycation. Scavenger hunts in the house. Games. Build a tent in your living room and camp out; make hotdogs and smores and other camping food. Watch videos of places you've never been able to visit, like the Swiss Alps, or Fiji.

Refuah shleima and b'shaa tova.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 12:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Please dont bite my head off.
We are awaiting results but my husband likely has covid.
Any ideas of what we can do out of the house ?
One great idea, we drove near the airport and sat outside our car and watched planes take off and land. No other ppl around. Kids loved it.
We cant do long walks cuz I'm 8 m pregnant and cant tolerate it.
Kids 11-baby
Like are we allowed to go to a playground w no other ppl?
Are we allowed to go apple picking if we stay far from other ppl?
Any other ideas?
Pls dont yell at me.

Think in terms of 20 years from now. Do what you will be proud of yourself in the future and even after 120 years.

watergirl

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 12:38 pm
Please, stay home.

Some of my step children have COVID at this moment. One of them does not (yet) and has no antibodies. Their mother is going to work and the step child who does not have COVID is GOING TO THE GYM DAILY. My husband yelled at his son for going and he does not care. I cant not believe people.

baby12x

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 12:39 pm
Just piping in that I know this is so hard!

I made an indoor scavenger hunt for my kids to do while we are stuck indoors. Maybe it can keep some kids entertained for a few minutes!!

https://adimesaved.com/indoor-.....-kids

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 12:52 pm
OP even outdoor activities like apple picking or a playground are not ok. The virus has now been understood to be airborne, travels through aerosols. Which means it can linger in the air for a long time, and travel further than 6 feet
There have been many outbreaks that started from outdoor exposure
You really need to just stay home...

avrahamama

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 12:59 pm
I just want to add you're a heavily pregnant mother of small children... And it's better for YOU and your immune system if you don't weaken yourself and make yourself susceptible to developing symptoms. This is the best excuse to stay home and do self care. Order some spa stuff for you and your daughters and make spa days. Order some games for your boys. Keep a soup going in the Crock-Pot and don't let yourself feel sick. Take care of yourself because soon a newborn is coming and you won't get the same kind of rest. Stay home to keep yourself from being run down. Stay home to protect others from you.

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 1:25 pm
I was also wondering why OP and kids are not trying to stay away from DH if he’s positive, but say they’re not being careful between each for whatever reason, why can’t they do something that calls for staying in the car the entire time? I doubt there are many options like that, but if they come up with anything why can’t the car be a capsule?

youngishbear

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 1:42 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
I was also wondering why OP and kids are not trying to stay away from DH if he’s positive, but say they’re not being careful between each for whatever reason, why can’t they do something that calls for staying in the car the entire time? I doubt there are many options like that, but if they come up with anything why can’t the car be a capsule?

Cars run out of gas. Kids need bathroom breaks.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 3:02 pm
Cars also break down. And chas v'shalom get into accidents, requiring rescue personnel. This is SO not right!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 3:07 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
If op is even asking the question I can imagine some ppl are Taking it a step further and not even asking questions and we wonder why we need the authorities to shut us down.

Yes I know a positive person who went with family yesterday to Florida while positive.

But I think OP can go and park car next to an airport and watch planes or just go on a nice drive. That seems safe, and I am a SD mask wearing person.

HakarasHatov

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 1:30 am
Op,

Think capsule, I would say do not go anywhere you would likely need to touch or breath on anything that does not belong to you, even if no one is around when you are ther they could come after you. I think buying crafts and scavenger hunts in your property are good ideas. Driving in a car could go either way. I think if you could plan to avoid any getting out of the car, and everyone stay in the car with windows up, then why not.

- car will run out of gas: arrange for a friend to bring gas in a can and put it in your car for you. Open the gas tank door before they come , zero contact
- bathrooms everyone must try before piling in the car, and bring along a kiddy potty for emergencies they can use in the car
-fender bender doesn’t happen that often if it does happen keep your windows up, write a sign that says covid and your phone number. Talk to each other on the phone. Bring extra pen and paper in case your phone dies.

Just think outside the box and stay in your capsule. But be honest with yourself if you will be tempted to let one of the kids out of the car after their begging and pleading then better to stay home.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 2:08 am
I think being in your car is okay personally as long as you warn anyone approaching your car that you potentially have covid. Apple picking is a big huge no, so is playground. Do you have a backyard? Hang out there. Order lots of arts and crafts and bake away. Just please stay home. You are doing the right thing by quarantining
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics