Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid positive coworker

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 4:12 pm
A co-worker of mine came into work on after rosh hashana stating her husband does not feel well. That it is flue like systems but family members of hers are making her husband test but it's not covid. The next day she came in stating her husband got tested and she is wearing a mask. But if we are not comfortable she will work at home. Bh someone told her she should really work at home. Within a day or two after that I heard her husband tested positive and she started running a fever (yes I know that means I have been exposed). I heard at a later date that she tested poaitove. Today she came back into work sounding really congested and was coughing away. Was I wrong to be really annoyed that she came back to work?

lk1234

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 4:15 pm
You are 100 percent correct to be upset but where is your boss in all this.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 4:17 pm
Yes!
So unethical and immoral.

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 4:20 pm
Yup. We are given screening questions every morning. We wouldn't be allowed in if a household member was being tested or if we had symptoms.

We have strict guidance for clearance out of isolation(being positive for COVID) that is at least as strict as the local government, and possibly more.

I'd be livid, and bring it to the attention of the employer for correction to start.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 4:23 pm
My boss does not really care since her family had it back in April. I told her I was not to.fortable to work near her coughing away and I will work at home. I just have things that need to get done in the office.

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 4:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
She does not really care since her family had it back in April. I told her I was not to.fortable to work near her coughing away and I will work at home. I just have things that need to get done in the office.

She should be staying home and sacrificing her wages or job performance, not you...but if you're exposed now, you may need to be staying home anyways.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 5:07 pm
After this coworker was in the office the first time I tested and it came back negative. I need to give her the benefit of the doubt that she is following the CDC guidelines and it is 10 days after the onset of systems and has been fever free for 24 hours.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 12:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
After this coworker was in the office the first time I tested and it came back negative. I need to give her the benefit of the doubt that she is following the CDC guidelines and it is 10 days after the onset of systems and has been fever free for 24 hours.
. Don’t be annoyed, just speak up for yourself . Those rules don’t apply to someone who is symptomatic and tested positive, you should stay away from her until she gets a negative test result. And you should quarantine for two weeks if she came coughing everywhere

DrMom

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 1:18 am
Where are you? Here in Israel, if she tested positive, that would mean that you would go into quarantine if you came in contact with her within x days (I forgot what x is these days) before her positive diagnosis..

Elfrida

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 2:33 am
DrMom wrote:
Where are you? Here in Israel, if she tested positive, that would mean that you would go into quarantine if you came in contact with her within x days (I forgot what x is these days) before her positive diagnosis..

Four days prior to onset of symptoms if symptomatic, or seven days prior to positive test if asymptomatic (or unclear onset of mild symptoms).

I don't think the OP is in Israel though, so she is probably subject to slightly different regulations. If she was in Israel, she would have been under lockdown since Rosh HaShana, and probably not going into work.

DrMom

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 2:48 am
Elfrida wrote:
Four days prior to onset of symptoms if symptomatic, or seven days prior to positive test if asymptomatic (or unclear onset of mild symptoms).

I don't think the OP is in Israel though, so she is probably subject to slightly different regulations. If she was in Israel, she would have been under lockdown since Rosh HaShana, and probably not going into work.

She may have been working in an essential office. Like a medical office (yikes!).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics