Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/o what was the worst meal you received?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 12:32 pm
Ruchel wrote:
A gift is a gift

Exactly. But I think I’ve seen funny threads here about the weirdest least useful gifts you got.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 12:32 pm
It's very hard if it must arrive hot literally impossible if not a neighbour. In some moments of life a cheapy microwave is a must

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 12:45 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
I think (hope) that people aren’t complaining here, rather sharing their funny stories about meal trains. Just like you can sometimes get an odd gift that you can’t use. That doesn’t make you appreciate the thought or the giver any less.

The posters saying how annoyed they were about honest mistakes on the part of probably frazzled women trying to help out or were complaining about perfectly decent meals such as cold cut sandwiches or fresh hot pizza that in no way are odd meal stories, clearly did NOT appreciate the time, effort, and money expended on their behalf.
Sorry, there's no good way to spin that as anything other than entitlement.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 12:57 pm
Ruchel wrote:
It's very hard if it must arrive hot literally impossible if not a neighbour. In some moments of life a cheapy microwave is a must

I was just pointing out that not everyone has an easy way to warm things up but I totally agree that it's impossible to deliver food hot and ready to eat. Thankfully I've never heard of that "requirement" before.

rising hero

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 1:08 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
She did mention that her rabbi said it was 1000% not permitted. I’m not sure if bugs are in the same category as shrimp but if her rabbi told her that then she can’t use it. Perhaps she could’ve fed a dog with it instead of dumping.

Or her cleaning lady or non jewish neighbor or gasp a jewish neighbor that doesnt hold like her rav. But lets be dlkz. Sometimes in a moment we forget ourselves especially with a newborn baby.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 5:33 pm
Some of these posts seem very very entitled...
After my baby was born my friend signed me up to receive shabbos food. I never received confirmation- I called Friday afternoon as it was getting late and I didn’t know what they were sending and how much and if I was even receiving anything. There was no answer- I ended up cooking shabbos. I received a call an hour before candlelighting that I could pick the food up 30 minutes before candlelighting.
I was so grateful for the food but I don’t think I could handle the rushing for food right before candlelighting again.
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics