Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Where do Jews go next?
  Previous  1  2  3   11  12  13  Next

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 2:54 pm
Just googled it. Texas doesn't have a voucher program. So no tuition relief

enneamom

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 2:56 pm
Florida is so hot in the summer though! I can't understand how people deal.

Just One

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 2:57 pm
But no winter!

Blessing1

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 2:58 pm
Rappel wrote:
What an astute statement.

Would you please elaborate?

If NY's transplant themselves elsewhere with the entitled,above the law attitude we're living with now, we'll have the same issues wherever we go.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 2:59 pm
I did read about the new community in Florida in one of the magazines a few months ago. Did anything come of it?

Rappel

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 3:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Did anything come of it?

Very sweaty streimels?

Seriously -- if I were going to transplant a chassidishe community within North America, I'd pick North Dakota. Michigan. Oregon. Wyoming. Somewhere where bullet proof stockings and 4 layered shirts makes sense.

Last edited by Rappel on Wed, Oct 14 2020, 3:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 3:03 pm
For me it's Israel. No question.
Chassidish/Heimish living in Monsey.

gold21

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 3:03 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Not sure. The focus is now in Florida because it's on the east coast so closer to NY.

OK

gold21

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 3:04 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
If NY's transplant themselves elsewhere with the entitled,above the law attitude we're living with now, we'll have the same issues wherever we go.

There are middle of the road professional type jewish communities in the tristate area that generally don't rely on programs, and whom are getting fed up by the gvmt overreach as well. They don't need programs to survive so that's not a deal breaker. I speak for my own community.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 3:05 pm
Jews vote right but benefit from left money

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 3:06 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Its true that they provide less welfare type benefits. However it's the same amount of money provides to the people just distributed differently. Florida has a voucher program so you'll end up paying a lot less in tuition, no income tax and lower property taxes. This enables self sufficiency compared to New York where living on a middle class income is practically impossible

Not for special ed. And the incomes are a lot lower, some of the jobs from NY don’t exist there.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 3:07 pm
Rappel wrote:
Very sweaty streimels?

Seriously -- if I were going to transplant a chassidishe community within North America, I'd pick North Dakota. Michigan. Oregon. Wyoming. Somewhere where bullet proof stockings and 4 layered shirts makes sense.

Why the hate though?

Blessing1

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 3:07 pm
gold21 wrote:
There are middle of the road professional type jewish communities in the tristate area that generally don't rely on programs, and whom are getting fed up by the gvmt overreach as well. They don't need programs to survive so that's not a deal breaker. I speak for my own community.

We don't have any programs either. This has nothing to do with our entitled above the law attitude.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 3:08 pm
Blessing1 wrote:

Bingo.

Blessing1

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 3:09 pm
Rappel wrote:
Very sweaty streimels?

Excuse me, this is really not a nice comment. Many, if not most Chassidish women dress the same as non chassidish women. We shop at the same stores. We're not some creatures from a different planet. Stockings don't make any difference in the stifling Florida heat, everyone is hot. And I don't know any chassidish women that wear 4 layers. This is probably one of the most disgusting comments about chassidish.

Fox

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 3:18 pm
G-d willing, our galus will end soon and we'll all be in Eretz Yisroel, presumably with high-speed Internet.

However, it did strike me over the Yomim Tovim that perhaps Hashem is preparing other countries in the Middle East for us.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 3:18 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Excuse me, this is really not a nice comment. Many, if not most Chassidish women dress the same as non chassidish women. We shop at the same stores. We're not some creatures from a different planet. Stockings don't make any difference in the stifling Florida heat, everyone is hot. And I don't know any chassidish women that wear 4 layers. This is probably one of the most disgusting comments about chassidish.

Maybe it came across mean but I was thinking the same thing. Chassidish levush such as shtreimel and high heat and humidity are not a natural fit.

Blessing1

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 3:21 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Maybe it came across mean but I was thinking the same thing. Chassidish levush such as shtreimel and high heat and humidity are not a natural fit.

No one will die from wearing chassidish levush in the heat by walking these few minutes from their house to shul. Israel has scorching summers and everyone manages in their levush. Hot is hot, wether you live in Florida, NY, or Israel.

Reality

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 3:27 pm
It always surprises me when the overwhelming answer to this type of question isn't Israel.

I just don't understand.

asmileaday

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 3:27 pm
Blessing1 wrote:

I guess everyone reads with a different tone. I read the comment with dose of humor not hate. It made me chuckle.
Page 2 of 13   Previous  1  2  3   11  12  13  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating