Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Communities near lakewood

NJmother

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 9:36 pm
Are there any frum areas of brick nj? If so, would anyone be able to clarify which areas/streets have jewish presence?
And in terms of Tom's river, also which parts are considered drummer? North dover/north/south?
Thank you so much!

Tomatoes!

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 10:22 pm
There are pockets all over toms river. I looked 3 years ago and I know plenty of ppl moved since to areas that I didn't even consider. Maybe call a real estate agent and see if they can guide you.... I was happy with perri goodman if that helps

NJmother

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 10:31 pm
Thank you, that's a helpful start.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 8:20 am
Can you edit frummer to more yeshivish? Or something like that? I'll edit this if you.

lucite

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 8:43 am
I don’t believe Brick has any yiddish areas yet,

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 9:16 am
I second to call a broker. toms river is exploding with ppl moving there. the brokers can tell you as they have up to date info. there are chasidish people living there as well.

NJmother

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 10:05 am
To this poster- Can you edit frummer to more yeshivish? Or something like that? I'll edit this if you.
Frum and yeshivish are both good, I didn't mean specifically one type- just want to make sure it's a safe neighborhood that has a Jewish presence!

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 11:59 am
NJmother wrote:
To this poster- Can you edit frummer to more yeshivish? Or something like that? I'll edit this if you.
Frum and yeshivish are both good, I didn't mean specifically one type- just want to make sure it's a safe neighborhood that has a Jewish presence!

Thanks for clarifying.
Hatzlacha!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 12:09 pm
Howell, Jackson and Toms River are the areas surrounding Lakewood with frum communities.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 12:11 pm
At the end of the day these communities function as part of Lakewood. While there are a few stores and restaurants in Jackson - most shopping and schools are in Lakewood

Will you send to Lakewood schools? If not there are other communities that may be more convenient.

NJmother

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 3:28 pm
Do you know which streets/parts of Howell are populated by frum people and operate as part of lakewood?
Same with if people know specific areas in Jackson and Tom's river?
Realtors dont have so much right now so I'm looking around myself but dont know which addresses are worth pursuing...

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 6:15 pm
There is or was one Jewish family right by rain tree, some of the streets in Brick blend into a Lakewood very seamless maybe look there- The house prices in Brick is cheap because the houses are small.

In Howell I know that people live on Kent, on and streets off Lakewood\Farmerdale* (Squankum) I just heard today about some people who moved to Arnold* near Rain Tree

* Not sure how to spell the street names

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 7:18 pm
NJmother wrote:
Do you know which streets/parts of Howell are populated by frum people and operate as part of lakewood?
Same with if people know specific areas in Jackson and Tom's river?
Realtors dont have so much right now so I'm looking around myself but dont know which addresses are worth pursuing...

Hmm it’s a little hard to specify the Jewish streets in Jackson because there are so many, but if it helps to mention neighborhoods -
There’s White Road area, Pitney/Melissa Lee, Royal Grove, Meadow Run, Bridgewater, Clearstream and most of the streets in between these areas. There’s another neighborhood that I think is called Flair, near Clearstream. There’s also a more yeshivish area near NPGS that I am not so familiar with, but there are a few neighborhoods there and many frum families.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 7:22 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
There is or was one Jewish family right by rain tree, some of the streets in Brick blend into a Lakewood very seamless maybe look there- The house prices in Brick is cheap because the houses are small.

In Howell I know that people live on Kent, on and streets off Lakewood\Farmerdale* (Squankum) I just heard today about some people who moved to Arnold* near Rain Tree

* Not sure how to spell the street names

It could be people are moving to Brick, but the streets do not blend seamlessly into Lakewood. There is definitely a small distance.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 8:36 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
Hmm it’s a little hard to specify the Jewish streets in Jackson because there are so many, but if it helps to mention neighborhoods -
There’s White Road area, Pitney/Melissa Lee, Royal Grove, Meadow Run, Bridgewater, Clearstream and most of the streets in between these areas. There’s another neighborhood that I think is called Flair, near Clearstream. There’s also a more yeshivish area near NPGS that I am not so familiar with, but there are a few neighborhoods there and many frum families.

Just came across this thread so I’ll add in case it’s helpful to someone else searching:

Other Jackson neighborhoods with frum ppl to add to the above post:

Brookwood 1, 2, 3 and 4

Brookwood 1 is right off county line just a bit past hope chapel. If you turn down south new prospect you first pass brookwood 1 (brookwood pkwy and lots of state streets- Louisiana California Maryland Alaska Colorado etc) , then brookwood 2 (Bryant Xavier valley)
Brookwood 3 is on the other side of county line just past brewers bridge by Villanova. (all streets are college names- Drexel Adelphi Lehigh Princeton Fordham etc)
After brookwood 2 when driving down south new prospect you pass on your right oakley hills (buxton partree ashford Monroe Gibson claridge) and point circle - just one street, and on your left right near oakley hills an point circle is harmony farms (hickory hill, hemlock hill etc)

Back to your right side while driving down s new prospect is brookwood 4 ( woodlane forest east Connecticut concourse and all the state streets in the middle until Aldrich.)

If you make a left on Bennett’s mills there are also frum ppl on teakwood arboretum mimosa I don’t know how many but I’ve definitely heard of frum ppl and a shul in that area of blocks, I don’t know the neighborhood name.

Past Aldrich on s new prospect if you don’t make a left on Bennett’s mills is harfield on your left. There are also a lot of frum families on red cedar run which is across s new prospect from harfield.

If you keep going you’ll hit hyson. Off Hyson there are Jews on Sunny woods, on chandler. This is where my knowledge ends in this direction

Back to county line- continue straight past Bennett’s mills you’ll reach Bartley - there are some frum blocks off of Bartley (cedar knoll, highland) as well as the entrance to Hampshire hills which has tons of frum ppl. (Hampshire blvd Piccadilly Lancaster chiswick Sussex Knightsbridge Victoria circle etc)
And the area behind Hampshire hills is called tall timber’s and also has Jews (meadowood road area I think)

If you go left from county line on Bennett’s mills (still driving in same direction away from hope chapel), past s cooks bridge you’ll reach robin estates which also has frum ppl. It kind of leads into flair which was mentioned above.

I learned all of this over a lot of time in the house searching parsha, (still looking!!) and it was a big job to get the hang of which neighborhoods have frum ppl and which streets are which brookwood, etc. so I’m happy to have been able to share this with someone who is starting out and I hope it will be helpful!!

lkwdgirl

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 10:38 pm
The areas in jackson of ash/mimosa and hickory hill whats the crowd like and the shul/rav sitch

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 11:22 pm
Things could have changed since I was looking, but:

Teak/Mimosa is a newer community than Hickory Hills (Harmony Farms)

Both are supposed to be nice areas. Harmony Farms is a bit more established, when I was looking I felt that Mimosa was too new and it was harder to predict how it would end up. We are what I'd call normal yeshivish, and were looking for a place with likeminded people. Dh spent a bit of time in kollel and works now. We have smartphones. We considered both these places. Decided no about Mimosa because I felt it was too big a mix and I wasn't sure what direction it would end up (but it's a few months later now, so maybe it'll be clearer). Harmony Farms was in the running, but in the end we found a house elsewhere. But the people I know who live there are really nice!

Harmony Farms for sure has a shul and rav (I don't know names or where the shul is) and I'm pretty sure that there's a shul on Teakwood. When I was looking I'm pretty sure they were working on a rav but didn't have one yet, but I could be wrong.

I used to call random strangers. My broker got me names, or I looked up the street name in smartlist. Asked them about the area, what schools people send to there, ages of the people there, and eventually you get an idea. It's uncomfortable, but I believe it's necessary. Someone told me recently that before she bought she stopped people on the sidewalk and asked them about the area. Awkward, but helpful.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries