Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Those who need 8 hours of sleep a night- newborn??
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 9:13 pm
How do you manage when you have a newborn. How to stay healthy physically and emotionally when baby wakes up several times a night to eat and you just get a couple of cat naps all night.

stillnewlywed

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 9:17 pm
Are you working? Is there any way you can get some time during the day to nap?
Can you have your husband do 1 feeding with a bottle, so you get a 5-6 hour stretch?

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 9:17 pm
Coffee. Hot shower. Coffee

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 9:19 pm
I don't. I hate hate hate the newborn stage. It's probably the reason why I always get PPD.

BetsyTacy

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 9:19 pm
You manage. But physically and emotionally healthy is a very tall (and I think unrealistic) order in the newborn stage.

Really it's all a blur.

Last edited by BetsyTacy on Wed, Oct 14 2020, 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 9:20 pm
Get 8 hours out of 24. Sleep when the baby sleeps

amother
Red

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 9:21 pm
I give formula so I can have someone else feed the baby at night. Usually ill go to bed early (around 9) and my husband will stay up to feed the baby until midnight. Then I dont get woken up until around 4 am so I got a nice solid stretch and after that its catnaps until morning.

I also make it a priority to sleep train my babies at around 3 months.

saralem

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 9:22 pm
I thought it was a form of torture. I just couldn’t function or think straight. Seriously craved sleep. Somehow I made it through and survived.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 9:23 pm
The 1st year postpartum is basically 1 exhausted sleep deprived daze.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 9:25 pm
It's horrible. I need sleep and I haven't slept in 3 years since I have 3 under 3. If there's one thing about my life I am angry about it's the sleep situation. Otherwise children are a blessing

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 9:26 pm
I haven't slept properly in 10 yrs. I also have a stiff neck for the last 4 yrs if being pregnant or nursing. After being pregnant and having babies I understand the saying "pain in the neck" and "pain in the butt"

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 9:28 pm
The first few months I go to bed really early like 8 even if the baby isnt asleep yet. I get my babies into a bedtime routine basically from day 1 so that they go to sleep early. I obviously wake up in the night with the baby, but I nurse and go right back to sleep. I'm someone who really needs my sleep but I actually am fine postpartum. I don't feel a need to sleep train.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 9:33 pm
I don’t Sad thanks for asking

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 9:56 pm
I sleep with my baby and nurse lying down. Usually latching baby on doesn't even wake me up completely. It's actually harder when they're older and want to do acrobatic nursing or wake up early to play. As newborns, they don't mind just nursing all night and don't need entertainment.

hazeleyes

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 10:02 pm
Very tough. Is a night nurse an option? Taking one twice a week was a lifesaver for me. Even once a week can give you a much needed sleep boost. Also, going to bed very early if you can. Remember - hard to imagine but everything in life passes and this shall pass too.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 10:07 pm
It’s super hard for me, my baby is 10 months old and just now starting to sleep more. I don’t have advice, just letting you know there is a light at the end of the tunnel! ❤️

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 10:09 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
It's horrible. I need sleep and I haven't slept in 3 years since I have 3 under 3. If there's one thing about my life I am angry about it's the sleep situation. Otherwise children are a blessing

can u get a nap in during the day? or maybe twice a week have a nanny sleep over so u can sleep thru the night? I don't know if my suggestions are realistic...

amother
Amber

Quote:
I give formula so I can have someone else feed the baby at night. Usually ill go to bed early (around 9) and my husband will stay up to feed the baby until midnight. Then I dont get woken up until around 4 am so I got a nice solid stretch and after that its catnaps until morning.

Are you me?? Could have written this word for word

amother
Violet

It's not realistic.
Domestic chores struggle, other kids suffer, jobs get done less efficiently/ accurately... not to talk about shalom bayis.
We do the best we can by taking turns getting up at night, but let's just say the first few months ain't pleasant. Everyone's like "enjoy time with them they grow so fast". I'd love to but it's hard to enjoy anything when you're so sleep deprived.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 10:10 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
I sleep with my baby and nurse lying down. Usually latching baby on doesn't even wake me up completely. It's actually harder when they're older and want to do acrobatic nursing or wake up early to play. As newborns, they don't mind just nursing all night and don't need entertainment.

be careful! can be dangerous to sleep with a newborn. maybe put something bumpy between u in case u turn over
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics