Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Two week old with multiple infections
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 9:07 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
We use Homeopathy for life saving things by the way. If you don't know enough about it, I understand you are concerned. It definitely CAN help and yes for a newborn.it worked really well for babies.

First thing things makes me think of it's Merc Viv (Merc sol is same if u have that). Best is to call a homeopath and have them take the case

Just stop.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 9:09 am
We use Homeopathy for life saving things by the way. If you don't know enough about it, I understand you are concerned. It definitely CAN help and yes for a newborn.it worked really well for babies.

First thing things makes me think of it's Merc Viv (Merc sol is same if u have that). Best is to call a homeopath and have them take the case

OH MY GOSH CAN YOU JUST STOP!!

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 9:11 am
There are very many benign rashes that infants get. Herpes generally does not spread all over in an infant. If it is from the bris, it is usually limited to the feet and legs and if it is from birth or other exposure like kissing it is usually on the scalp or hand. However, it is a legitimate medical emergency and children can have permanent brain damage from it. Every baby rash has a name. Ask your doctor the name of your child's rash or get a new doctor.

Here is some information from Seattle CHildren's Hospital:

Newborn Rashes - Topics Covered

If your baby is healthy, skip the "What to Do" section. Go directly to the topic number that relates to your question for advice.

Acne. Small red bumps on the face (onset 2-4 weeks).
Drooling or Spit-Up Rash. Rash around the mouth and on the chin (onset anytime).
Erythema Toxicum. Red blotches with small white "pimple" in the center (onset 2-3 days).
Skin Injury from Birth Process. From forceps, scalp electrode or birth canal (present at birth).
Milia. Tiny white bumps on the nose and cheeks (present at birth).
Mongolian Spots. Bluish-green birthmark, often on buttock (present at birth).
Stork Bites (Pink Birthmarks). On back of neck or bridge of nose (present at birth).
Strawberry Hemangiomas. Raised red birthmarks (onset 2-4 weeks).
Port-wine Stains. Dark red or purple flat birthmarks (present at birth).

Newborn Face Rashes: Most Common Ones
Erythema Toxicum 50% (onset day 2 or 3)
Milia 40% (present at birth)
Baby Acne 30% (onset week 2 to 4)
Drooling or Spit-up Rash (common and onset any time)
Heat Rash (common and onset any time)
Heat Rash
Many newborn rashes that have no clear cause are heat rashes.
Heat rashes are a pink blotchy area with tiny bumps.
They mainly occur on the face, neck and chest.
During hot weather, most temporary newborn rashes are heat rashes.
Cause: blocked off sweat glands. The openings are so tiny in newborns, that any irritation can block them. Examples are getting any ointment on the skin, friction from clothing or being overheated. Being held against the mother's skin while nursing causes many face rashes.

Herpes Simplex: Serious Newborn Rash
Appearance. Several water blisters or pimples grouped in a cluster. They look like the cold sores (fever blisters) that adults get on their lip. After several days, they crust over.
Location. Just one part of the body, usually the scalp or face.
Redness. The base can be pink. The pinkness does not extend beyond the cluster of vesicles.
Onset. Within the first 2 weeks of life.
Importance. Early treatment with anti-viral drugs can prevent serious problems. If you think your newborn's rash looks like herpes, call your child's doctor now.
Imitator. Although herpes can be confused with erythema toxicum, they look very different.

Call Doctor or Seek Care Now
Age less than 1 month old and looks or acts abnormal in any way
Age less than 12 weeks old with fever. Caution: do NOT give your baby any fever medicine before being seen.
Purple or blood-colored spots or dots not present at birth
Tiny blisters (little bumps that contain clear fluid)
Pimples (little bumps that contain pus). Exception: looks like erythema toxicum which occurs in half of newborns.
Skin looks infected (such as spreading redness, sores or pus)
Rash is painful to touch
You think your child needs to be seen, and the problem is urgent

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 9:16 am

HOW did you work out your amother color?!?

rachel0615

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 5:10 pm
Op thinking of u and davening

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 8:23 pm
Bump. Still thinking of you. Please tell us baby is okay.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 2:52 am
Baby is okay. Still don't have a clear answer what is was, but it went away. He is b''h a very good calm baby, eating well and growing nicely
Tya for advice and concern

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 2:55 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Baby is okay. Still don't have a clear answer what is was, but it went away. He is b''h a very good calm baby, eating well and growing nicely

Thanks so much for the update - that's great to hear!

Ruchel

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 5:00 am
BH I thought of it

snowflake1

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 10:07 am
BH I am so happy to hear may he continue to thrive.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 10:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

B'H! Thanks for the update.

If this ever pops up again, that means that the problem might be systemic. Please treat it as an emergency.

IYH you'll have no more troubles, but keep it in mind. Better to be "that hysterical mother", than to overlook something that could be important. What the doctors may think of you is not important, only your child's health matters.

abaker

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:28 pm
BH glad to hear. May he always be healthy and well.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics