Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Here are the features I want. Tell me what to get.
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 3:43 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
I don't have a Joolz but I know people with them and they all seem happy. I think it's a quality brand and the strollers seem to last. The selling point of the Joolz is that they were designed for tall people-the seat sits very high on the chassis and can be used as a 'highchair', in that it is at the height of the table. Most people I know though have the Joolz day or geo. The geo has the advantage of turning into a double and has a really big basket, but the seat doesn't recline flat like the hub does.
I borrowed an early Joolz model for a few months and was happy with the push etc of it. I did find the fold slightly annoying but I don't know if that's been changed in newer models.

Thanks so much for your feedback. I wouldn't consider using a stroller as a high chair, so that's irrelevant, but I do need a completely flat recline. I did the fold myself in the store. It *is* a few steps and admittedly I am not (yet) holding a baby in my hand while I'm doing it, but it wasn't too difficult.

An additional feature which wasn't important to me but the salesperson pointed out is that the frame can easily be used instead of a snap'n'go for the Maxi Cosi infant seat. I'm also looking to buy a new infant seat and I have no idea if the Maxi Cosi is a good investment (it's way more expensive than the Graco ones I've seen), but theoretically I like the concept of an all-in-one.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 3:44 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
I have the 2018 model and though it reclines flat I wouldn't put my baby stomach down. The harness would get in the way.

The harness on the Joolz also gets in the way, but it can be removed.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 4:14 pm
I use the bugaboo bee with the maxi cosi car seat. It’s a great combo.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 5:14 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
I use the bugaboo bee with the maxi cosi car seat. It’s a great combo.
IDK, I found the seat of my original bugaboo bee pretty complicated to remove and replace.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 6:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was in a store today to check out some options in person. The Cybex Priam I saw (which I'm assuming is a new model) does not recline completely flat. There is no way a stomach-sleeping baby would be able to sleep in it.

Sorry if this isn’t what you’re looking for.. didn’t reread the whole thread... but I bought the priam and also bought the bassinet, so baby can sleep in that. Still waiting for baby Smile But the stroller looks gorgeous and is supposed to be great overall.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 7:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
IDK, I found the seat of my original bugaboo bee pretty complicated to remove and replace.

You don't have to remove it to put the car seat down. Just recline all the way.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 10:13 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Sorry if this isn’t what you’re looking for.. didn’t reread the whole thread... but I bought the priam and also bought the bassinet, so baby can sleep in that. Still waiting for baby Smile But the stroller looks gorgeous and is supposed to be great overall.

I thought they don't make bassinets anymore? I guess I was mistaken.
I love my Cybex priam. I didn't use the seat yet, I'm using it with a carseat for now as my baby is still very newborn. But it wheels and folds so easy.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 10:16 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:

I don't want two pieces when folding the stroller. Most bassinets require disassembly when packing the stroller in and out of the car which is something I want to avoid. If I was ready to get a bassinet, there are many more stroller options out there.

The Priam also has huge wheels which will make a compact fold difficult.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 10:16 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
You don't have to remove it to put the car seat down. Just recline all the way.

I don't like the look of that plus I imagine it ruins the stroller.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 10:18 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
I love my Cybex priam. I didn't use the seat yet, I'm using it with a carseat for now as my baby is still very newborn. But it wheels and folds so easy.

I need the flat lying seat. I don't like my babies sleeping in their infant seat all the time.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 10:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I need the flat lying seat. I don't like my babies sleeping in their infant seat all the time.

Correct that's why I got this version of the Cybex (not saying it's the right choice for you). I just didn't use it yet for practical reasons. I'm mostly home and she sleeps in her crib or bouncer, doesn't sit in the infant seat all day.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 10:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

What model did you have. The new ones aren’t difficult.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 10:48 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
What model did you have. The new ones aren’t difficult.

The original.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 10:49 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Correct that's why I got this version of the Cybex (not saying it's the right choice for you). I just didn't use it yet for practical reasons. I'm mostly home and she sleeps in her crib or bouncer, doesn't sit in the infant seat all day.

I'm glad it's working out for you.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 1:29 am
Would you look at Graco's some people would not. The Graco Uno2Duo has your whole list It is listed as a double because it expands to one. But it is also sold as a single

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 6:32 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:

Yes of course they have bassinets for a few of their stroller models.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 6:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

For some reason the new version doesn’t lie flat in the US. Must be some regulation who knows..
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics