Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
Thai Crunch Salad With Peanut Dressing

Amarante

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:56 am
This was good but I prefer my Asian Fusion Coleslaw in terms of a coleslaw type of salad.

The dressing however is excellent and could be repurposed for other foods - roasted veggies or as a condiment for simple chicken or even fish.

Prep is very easy since bagged cabbage and carrots are available and everything can be assembled ahead of time except for the dressing. The Asian Fusion Salad I make can be made completely ahead since it is more of a coleslaw type of salad and so it tastes better when it has had a chance to marry together.

Thai Crunch Salad With Peanut Dressing

Excerpt From: Jennifer Segal - Once Upon a Chef, the Cookbook

THIS RECIPE WAS INSPIRED by the popular salad served at California Pizza Kitchen. It’s made with crisp napa cabbage, crunchy vegetables, and edamame, but it’s the creamy peanut dressing that makes it so good. My friend Dave claims he could bathe in it!

Serves 4

FOR THE THAI PEANUT DRESSING

1/4 cup [65 g] creamy peanut butter
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 Tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice, from 1 lime
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp soy sauce
21/2 Tbsp sugar
2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1-in [2.5-cm] square piece fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 Tbsp fresh cilantro leaves

FOR THE SALAD

4 cups [240 g] chopped napa cabbage or shredded coleslaw mix
1 cup [100 g] peeled and shredded carrots (store-bought is fine)
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin bite-sized pieces
1 small English cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded, and thinly sliced
1 cup [150 g] cooked, shelled edamame
2 medium scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
1/2 cup [20 g] loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped

1. To make the dressing: In a blender, combine all of the ingredients except for the cilantro and blend until completely smooth. Add the cilantro and blend for a few seconds until the cilantro is finely chopped. Refrigerate until ready to serve

2. To assemble the salad: In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and toss. If serving right away, drizzle the peanut dressing over the top and toss; otherwise, serve the dressing on the side so the salad doesn’t get soggy.

MAKE AHEAD: The peanut dressing can be made and stored in the refrigerator up to 2 days ahead of time. The salad can be assembled, covered, and refrigerated a few hours in advance, but wait to toss the salad with the dressing until right before serving.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics