Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Frum laundry detergent?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 11:51 am
This sounds so strange but so many people in my Yeshivish/Heimish community have a similar clothing scent that smells so good and I wonder what laundry detergent they use. Would you say there is a laundry detergent that is particularly popular among certain frum communities?

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This sounds so strange but so many people in my Yeshivish/Heimish community have a similar clothing scent that smells so good and I wonder what laundry detergent they use. Would you say there is a laundry detergent that is particularly popular among certain frum communities?

Strange. I don’t feel the smell of people’s clothes. Maybe ask a few what they use and see if it’s all the same.

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:05 pm
The one with an OU of course.

Stars

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:06 pm
Scratching Head

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:07 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
The one with an OU of course.

You mean Shout? Wink

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:08 pm
I know it sounds crazy but then again it would make sense that certain products would gain popularity among communities. 🤷🏻‍♀️

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:09 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
You mean Shout? Wink

LOL

Chaya123

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:09 pm
I use Walmart Great Value version of Gain and smells really good and got compliments on it.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gre.....90855

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:10 pm
OU is not good enough. It needs to be a haimish brand, not a national one and it needs at least 3 complicated looking haskachas.

imasoftov

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:14 pm
Even in the Before-Times I don't remember noticing the scent of anyone else's clothes.

Adela

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:18 pm
I use tide with april fresh Downy and know a lot of people that use it..... It does make sense that friends tell friends and family and a particular brand gets picked up in a community....

Tide smells great! It is the scent I grew up on!
I had tried changing to cheaper brands but nothing like Tide!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:23 pm
Adela wrote:
I use tide with april fresh Downy and know a lot of people that use it..... It does make sense that friends tell friends and family and a particular brand gets picked up in a community....

Tide smells great! It is the scent I grew up on!
I had tried changing to cheaper brands but nothing like Tide!!

Thank you!! Tide with April fresh is what I’ll try when what I have runs out. Smile And I’m glad at least someone here doesn’t think I’m nuts!! 🤣

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:26 pm
Chaya123 wrote:
I use Walmart Great Value version of Gain and smells really good and got compliments on it.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gre.....90855

Sorry I missed this. Thank you for your response!!

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you!! Tide with April fresh is what I’ll try when what I have runs out. Smile And I’m glad at least someone here doesn’t think I’m nuts!! 🤣

OP you are definitely not nuts! I totally noticed this too! The smell boosters are what make the scent so noticeable and those are my latest Costco splurge.

ddmom

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I must say I was scratching my head at the title but I know exactly what you're talking about! LOL
I think Tide is very popular in the frum community!
I don't use that one because I think it's too expensive but a lot of my friends do.
I started using scent boosters and add it in every few loads, not every single one because it would get too pricey but I do like the nice smell that you just can't get with the cheap detergent!!

mizle10

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:32 pm
Maybe Kirkland? I know a lot of people who use it and it has a great smell.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:45 pm
Ugh. I can't stand it when people use highly-scented products, even if the scent itself isn't unpleasant. Really, I don't want to smell your laundry detergent, deodorant, fabric softener , shampoo, or "air freshener spray". I want to smell sunshine, fresh air, and fresh bread as it's baking.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:50 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Ugh. I can't stand it when people use highly-scented products, even if the scent itself isn't unpleasant. Really, I don't want to smell your laundry detergent, deodorant, fabric softener , shampoo, or "air freshener spray". I want to smell sunshine, fresh air, and fresh bread as it's baking.

Same here. I literally feel the chemicals in too strongly scented stuff.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 1:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I think a lot of people use these. Go into the supermarkets that they frequent and see what detergents they sell. Not everyone has the time to go to another store to get detergent or the space to store large quantities so they buy it weekly in the grocery order.
I buy mine in Walmart.When they’re out of the detergent I want I go get it somewhere else. I don’t like to just pick another brand. I use tide with bleach on some loads and liquid all on the others. All is better priced. I also add to all loads April fresh downy as well. I’ve used different scent for downy here and there when I’m in the mood but April fresh is my default.
I don’t think everyone’s last Laundry smells the same though, every house has their own scent.

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 1:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It's not strange and you're not crazy. I noticed it myself. I think it is Tide, which I only buy when I can splurge. Other than that, I can't really tell you. I do the dryer sheets though.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry