Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Toaster oven is smoking

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 1:54 pm
My husband uses it very often and last night when I was warming up something in there I smelled smoke and turned it off and plugged it off.

Once it was cool I went to see what was the cause of it and I saw burnt splatters on and under the orange light strips (the one that heats up and warms the food, like the ones in the oven). It has this metal thing with holes over it and I don’t think it’s possible to remove it.

I cleaned it up entirely but I couldn’t get to the burnt stuff on the orange light strips and tried again later but because of the burnt stuff it still smoked.

Is there a way I can fix it??

Or do I have to replace it?

zaq

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 2:00 pm
Search the company's website for customer service or technical service and ask the technical pros. If it's just food that splattered, it may take a while but it should burn off eventually. OTOH, if it's an electrical problem like a short circuit, it's probably not safely fixable at home and probably not worth sending for repair.

jflower

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 2:00 pm
Can you get a long handled brush or a brillo pad to remove the food from the orange strip? There has to be a way to get in there. That's how I remove food that's burnt on in my toaster oven.

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 2:14 pm
I looked at the manual online and there’s no mention on how to clean the orange strip.
But can’t use scouring pads or anything abrasive.
It has this metal or aluminum thing with holes over it so I can’t get into it. :/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars