Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
S/o Rav Tov memories
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 26  27  28  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 6:58 pm
I'm so curious if we were to out ourselves irl who would remember whom. But I ain't doin that. It's just a curious thought.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm so curious if we were to out ourselves irl who would remember whom. But I ain't doin that. It's just a curious thought.

Seems like we were there in different years over the last 40+ years

ETA even if some of us were there in the same era, we may still be sooo many years apart as to not have known each other. I would probably remember the names of my bunk mates & classmates & that’s it.
In mbr there was more of a mix with different activity groups etc. I do know most names of the about 250 girls that were my grade.

yksraya

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know she was ninth grade teacher. I'm not remembering if she was head teacher too.

Blond? Funny walk? We had a head teacher labin.

yksraya

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:07 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Seems like we were there in different years over the last 40+ years

ETA even if some of us were there in the same era, we may still be sooo many years apart as to not have known each other. I would probably remember the names of my bunk mates & classmates & that’s it.
In mbr there was more of a mix with different activity groups etc. I do know most names of the about 250 girls that were my grade.

You must be somewhere around my age range, as I was also in both camps, although was in MBR only one year, the year it opened.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:13 pm
This thread is funnnn!!!!

Mr. Cars Kohn....

In numin fin gantz machina Rav tov, ibafrat.....

Breakout is yetzt gevain..... LOL

54 steps- was a landmark!!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:18 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
This thread is funnnn!!!!

Mr. Cars Kohn....

In numin fin gantz machina Rav tov, ibafrat.....

Breakout is yetzt gevain..... LOL

54 steps- was a landmark!!!

You must be in my era. Wonder if I know you. Mr. Cars kohn was a very specific time. It wasn't always. In fact it was my age that made it up. Lol.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:20 pm
Most of you must be older than me. For curiosity sake could you give more details on the food poisoning story? And the fire?
Doila imashka! How could I forget? She happens to be a smart really nice women if you get to know her personally as is Spitz.
I'm trying to remember the good morning nusach they woke us up with. Can't believe it actually slipped my mind. Used to know it by heart

doodlesmom

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:22 pm
yksraya wrote:
You must be somewhere around my age range, as I was also in both camps, although was in MBR only one year, the year it opened.

Then you’re approximately my age, I Mostly went to non satmar camps, but my classmates went to the mbr camp for 12 th grade only.

rising hero

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:23 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
I wonder if any of you were my bunk mates- a group of girls got into the shower in shvimkleider. Oy did this cause a ruckus.

Was this in rav tov or mbr?

doodlesmom

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:24 pm
A git morgen ale meidlech fin mrs. Camp rav tov .......ale meidelch Allen shnel......nisht fargesen nisht aruptzigein fin bet eider men gist.......

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:24 pm
I'm wondering who else is my or around my age.

Anyone remembers the song

Burich burich hamavdil
De zin is shoin intergagangen
De shabs geit forbei
A neiya vuch oongafongen

Somehow, this song I know in my dreams and really Like it. I often sing it motza shabs while washing dishes.

Like if you know this song.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:25 pm
Boy was I shocked to see this thread I did a double take! Oh the memories, not too many positive ones. I hated the official-ness of everyone we were in camp for goodness sake but felt like school!
I remember being"strasha"d for every move that "mgeit dich areingeben tzi Mr. Kohn..."

The a Git morgen drushe they woke us up to every morning... My sisters and I laugh from it till today...

The competition and the backers omg I always resented it- why couldn't they just let us all play something instead of watching 2 people go up and play and everyone cheering and watching in the shpil hoiz?

The good memories are my parents came to visit me almost every Sunday they had no official visiting day then. Also I was from BP we always had fun arguing with the Monroe girls boy was it drama!

I remember Miss Biener and Goldman, Leichtag was my "teacher". Now in hindsight I see it wasn't all bad as I find myself laughing at some memories...

Nice to go down memory lane!

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:26 pm
Madam F. wrote:
Was this in rav tov or mbr?

Rav tov. In bunk 22

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:27 pm
The really nice memories though are the songs, every bunk had a nice official song most were beautiful some I sing till today!

I'm actually looking for the words to one anyone think they can help me out?

clowny

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:30 pm
Breakout is yetzt gevane!!! Omg!!! That’s my age group. And so is Mr. cars kohn.

Lol. Memories...

clowny

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:31 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Rav tov. In bunk 22

I once did that in bunk 19 lol.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:32 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Rav tov. In bunk 22

Bunk 22!! Oh yes!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:35 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
The really nice memories though are the songs, every bunk had a nice official song most were beautiful some I sing till today!

I'm actually looking for the words to one anyone think they can help me out?

בני מיין קינד
ווי פערל איז אשת חיל, חיל, חייייל,
מאמע אן אשת חיל זי הארוועט אלעמאל....

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:35 pm
The 2 handymans
מר סאקס און
מר מאנדל

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:36 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
A git morgen ale meidlech fin mrs. Camp rav tov .......ale meidelch Allen shnel......nisht fargesen nisht aruptzigein fin bet eider men gist.......

A git morgen. A git morgen ale meidlech fin mrs. zupnicks kemp rav tov d'rebeinu Yoel M'Satmar. A Git Morgen. Ale meidelch oifshtein, upgisen neigal vaser, arup fin bet, in shnell zich untin. nisht fargesen nisht aruptzigein fin bet eider men gist zich up di hent. A git morgen.

Seriously, did they need to tell us every morning to get up and get dressed?

But I will say that the Kokosh cake was the best one yet. I want some now and wish they would sell it. Or give it to former campers who are traumatized by their experience. Sleeping with 30 other kids in the same room, sometime doubleup is not fun among other things that werent fun in the camp (like someone already mentioned having to sit and cheer other people play games instead of actively participating etc).
Page 4 of 28   Previous  1  2  3  4  5 26  27  28  Next Recent Topics