Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Yarmulke Storage

kenz

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 11:50 am
Any cute, creative ideas for storing yarmulkes? Preferably one a toddler would be able to make use of on his own? Googling only gets me fancy acrylic Kippah Keeper boxes for $25 or even more expensive, similar solutions.
All ideas welcome!

zaq

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:17 pm
how many kippot does the kid have? How much space do you have? Empty out a 42-oz. oatmeal cylinder, strip the label, cover with colorful Con-tact or let the kid decorate it himself, and pile the kippot inside. Cut the cylinder down if it's too tall. Or get a carton from a case of wine--with the dividers--and cut down to a height of a few inches. Cover with Con-tact or let the kid scribble on it. One kippah or two per compartment. Or give him an old sheitel form, use some kind of putty to stick it to a dresser or shelf so it doesn't tip over all the time, and let him pile the kippot on that. Or stick a few spring-type clothespins on a wire hanger and clip one kippah per clothespin.

easiest of all-- repurpose a plastic clamshell box from fancy salad greens or other produce.

kenz

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:20 pm
zaq wrote:
how many kippot does the kid have? How much space do you have? Empty out a 42-oz. oatmeal cylinder, strip the label, cover with colorful Con-tact or let the kid decorate it himself, and pile the kippot inside. Cut the cylinder down if it's too tall. Or get a carton from a case of wine--with the dividers--and cut down to a height of a few inches. Cover with Con-tact or let the kid scribble.on it. One kippah or two per compartment. Or give him an old sheitel form, use some kind of putty to stick it to a dresser or shelf so it doesn't tip over all the time, and let him pile the kippot on that. Or stick a few spring-type clothespins on a wire hanger and clip one kippah per clothespin.

Thanks, Zaq! I like the cylinder idea, and also maybe the clothespin idea. I don't have a lot of space or I'd totally do the wine box. I think I'm going to check out the 99 cent store for cylindrical boxes instead of oatmeal. Very Happy I'm kind of squeamish about using anything that once held food for a long-term solution. But these are great ideas to get me rolling!

zaq

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:40 pm
Frankly, I'd use the clear clamshell.

kenz

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:44 pm
zaq wrote:
Frankly, I'd use the clear clamshell.

I hadn't seen that at first. I don't know how often I get those but I will keep it in mind. I like the idea of involving him in decorating though.

zaq

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 1:17 pm
kenz wrote:
I like the idea of involving him in decorating though.

No prob. Have him color on a piece of paper and tape his artwork to the container, or give him stickers, self-adhesive googly eyes, pompoms, colored glue, jewels or other craft materials to stick on it.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 1:20 pm
A cheap ikea bin.

A small empty draw.

Rachel Shira

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 1:34 pm
Yeah I’d just use a basket on a shelf or as a divider in a drawer.

kenz

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 1:36 pm
Rachel Shira wrote:
Yeah I’d just use a basket on a shelf or as a divider in a drawer.

So I really have very limited space. I don't have an extra drawer or shelf. It has to be something that can be kept on top of a very small dresser but still big enough for yarmulkes, that's why I like the cylinder idea.
Thanks!

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 1:44 pm
We use something like this from the Dollar Store

kenz

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 1:45 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
We use something like this from the Dollar Store

Also really cute. Thanks!

kenz

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 1:46 pm
SuperWify wrote:
A cheap ikea bin.

A small empty draw.

Wish I had empty drawers... LOL

avrahamama

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 1:48 pm
I put them all in a mesh laundry bag (small kind for delicates) and hook it onto a command hook by his bedroom door.

kenz

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 5:50 pm
So thanks to the inspiration here, I bought a pretty rope-like ribbon and a bag of colorful bag clips from Amazing Savings. Tied the clips on in intervals and voila! an adorable yarmulke holder in less than 5 minutes. I also bought a cheap bin to decorate so we can have something in the bedroom and something in the living room.
Thanks, all!

zaq

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:48 pm
Wow, that was fast! I'm impressed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars