Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
My baby might be trying to kill me
1  2  3  Next

hodeez

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 8:52 pm
He's almost 4 months old. He doesn't let me leave his sight and I'm close to the edge already. He is number 5... None of my others were like this. I don't know what to do. Doctor cleared him, checked eyes, ears, throat, stomach, butt, legs, NOTHING BOTHERING HIM. Why is he so difficult all of a sudden? Prior to 3 months he was my little angel, and now I don't know what he is Sad
I don't know if something is bothering him or if he just wants attention. Regardless, I'm lost. SOS Sad

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 8:57 pm
Is he eating nicely?

hodeez

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 8:58 pm
Yes I have bh a good supply, and if I think it's not enough I supplement. I'm also careful with what I eat, so no milk and no gas producing foods

gold21

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 8:58 pm
My oldest was like this and it was so challenging. Did you check for reflux?

hodeez

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:02 pm
gold21 wrote:
My oldest was like this and it was so challenging. Did you check for reflux?

Yup he was cleared by the dr a few days ago

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:05 pm
My youngest was really clingy. Couldn't put baby down. But was always happy when I was holding. Is baby happy when you are holding? Mine started getting terrible eczema on the face at 4 months. Turns out dc was terribly allergic to some of the stuff I was eating. Dc needed extra tlc.

abaker

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:07 pm
I think it can be a clingy stage...does he sit up assisted yet? Bouncer seat or try the Exersaucer? What actually happens when you really leave? Chances are he will cry for a few minutes and then be fine. I suggest leaving him daily even for a short amount of time. He can stay with Dh or a babysitter while you get out of the house on your own. (For a walk, to pick up milk, visit a friend...whatever) it will be good for your sanity.

Last edited by abaker on Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

avrahamama

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:07 pm
Maybe he is very smart and already knows that he wants you all the time. My 5th is like this too. He's a yr old now. We are best friends. No one comes between us ... Not even abba.

hodeez

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:10 pm
When I hold him dude is downright blissful. But I have 4 others and a full time job and stuff to do I can't always hold him! Worst part is that he wakes up to play at like 6 AM, and once he's up he cries until demands are met. I tried to let him cry it out tonight but it doesn't work! He will just cry and cry until I come next to his crib, and just the sight of me quiets him. HELP!

hodeez

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:11 pm
avrahamama wrote:
Maybe he is very smart and already knows that he wants you all the time. My 5th is like this too. He's a yr old now. We are best friends. No one comes between us ... Not even abba.

He is so smart! He has the eyes of an old sage, I feel like he understands everything

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:16 pm
Hug

Maybe try baby wearing?

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:19 pm
So maybe he just wants to be held. That's as real a need for babies as eating. Get a carrier and wear him all the time. He'll grow out of this stage, but for now this is what he needs.

cozyblanket

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:20 pm
Teething?

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:22 pm
My son was like this. Eventually he stopped, but it was very trying.
I would stand by the door and speak to him and he’ll calm down, maybe try that?

gold21

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:25 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
So maybe he just wants to be held. That's as real a need for babies as eating. Get a carrier and wear him all the time. He'll grow out of this stage, but for now this is what he needs.

Agreed

pause

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:31 pm
A baby carrier saved my life!

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:35 pm
Omg my baby lived in that baby bjorn until he was 10 months old. I would joke that I was pregnant for 18 months.

He was also obsessed. I also work full time and when I would complain that my fourth didn't realize he wasn't the oldest, I would kinda get shamed like, "Well, he KNOWS you work all day and aren't around, so he's very needy."

It guilt tripped me into holding him all the time. Now, he's a super-loving, sweet, caring person.

hodeez

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:41 pm
Is there any advice for the mornings? I'm running on lowlowlow. I just don't get how he was the perfect baby right before his 3 month bday and now he is mamash the opposite Sad and I felt like a horrible mother. Did I break him

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:59 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:

Can’t like this enough!

tothepoint

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 10:02 pm
How’s his sleep in general? Does he sleep well at night and takes long naps? How long is he up between naps?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics