Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
S/O camp memories
  Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11 14  15  16  Next

amother
White

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 1:38 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Quite a few pupas here! This was in my mom's days..

My mom's too. I guess we're kind of the same age Hi

amother
Teal

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 1:51 am
I guess I am your mom's age

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 2:49 am
Ches yid yid
seen reish hei
Chaya sura is off ah high

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 2:50 am
505 high road

Beingreal

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 5:52 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
True fact: anyone who ever went to Sternberg puts their hands up and counts to 10 during break fast.

Yep! And the many times lectures on taking off the shower heads.....Who remembers red carpet waitress day?

Jewishmom8

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 6:16 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Anyone from mishkon remember shabbos kiddush and Thursday night baking? I remember using real lemons in lemon squares and real carrots in carrot kugel. They were so good!

YES!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 7:07 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
דאס איז א מחנה פיל מיט שטיק
איך שטאלציר איך בין א בעלזעניק
Uhu uhu
Uhu uhu uhu!

Belze pride

Our camp adapted the version to:

איך האב ליב צו זיין א
TC'nik
ah hah.. oy vai...
We love to eat all day!

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 7:09 am
Beingreal wrote:
Yep! And the many times lectures on taking off the shower heads.....Who remembers red carpet waitress day?

I always make DH stop when he starts eating after a fast. The habit is so ingrained in me! But the post fast meal was the best you ever had there. Plus kokosh cake and chocolate milk not on Shabbat!!

Ok, specific camp memories: my bunk was usually known as the anti cheering bunk. When I was in Younger, my bunk was known for our rivalry with our co-bunk which was random and weird because we were all generally shy and nerdy. In Older our claim to fame was that we broke a two person saw (bunch of us kept getting into the same bunks together). And I was part of the nerdy crew who made being a zookeeper fashionable again. Lightsaber fights during rest hour anyone?

More general memories: the obsession with Canadians and bizz skirts, Thursday and overnight hikes, and kitchen staff getting that time off so as staff you had to fend for yourself. Oh and cold bathing suit showers. Who could forget those?? The stuff of legend to the point where in high school halacha class when discussing showers for Shabbat, my halacha teacher specifically mentioned that situation an was like, well if you can wash any part of your body from the sink with at least warm water, you're technically yotzei.

I miss it so much.

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 7:31 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
No one from Sternberg?

I thought it was "the only place to be"?

Me.
Remember who was the Daddy of us all?

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 7:37 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Ches yid yid
seen reish hei
Chaya sura is off ah high

Finalyyyyyy

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 7:39 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
505 high road

Glen Spey New York USA...
.... lives it up each day

Ruchel

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 7:42 am
I was going to post but I can't relate to anyhing here

Beingreal

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 7:55 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
I always make DH stop when he starts eating after a fast. The habit is so ingrained in me! But the post fast meal was the best you ever had there. Plus kokosh cake and chocolate milk not on Shabbat!!

Ok, specific camp memories: my bunk was usually known as the anti cheering bunk. When I was in Younger, my bunk was known for our rivalry with our co-bunk which was random and weird because we were all generally shy and nerdy. In Older our claim to fame was that we broke a two person saw (bunch of us kept getting into the same bunks together). And I was part of the nerdy crew who made being a zookeeper fashionable again. Lightsaber fights during rest hour anyone?

More general memories: the obsession with Canadians and bizz skirts, Thursday and overnight hikes, and kitchen staff getting that time off so as staff you had to fend for yourself. Oh and cold bathing suit showers. Who could forget those?? The stuff of legend to the point where in high school halacha class when discussing showers for Shabbat, my halacha teacher specifically mentioned that situation an was like, well if you can wash any part of your body from the sink with at least warm water, you're technically yotzei.

I miss it so much.

Me too! I used to steal away and write by the lake. When I was in Heller we were first to go on an overnight to Hershey Park. In waitress year a bird flew in our bunk and I (very bravely) Got it out. I loved campfires on Thursdays...

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 8:01 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
How many cousins do I have on here Very Happy

I'm not a cousin but I know tons of them .( I married into klausenburg) Now I'm curious who you are

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 8:09 am
The prize for the best counsellor-in-training. Awarded the following summer to a someone returning counsellor. If you weren't there that summer they assumed you were in Israel for an after high school program and gave the award in absentia.

But the reason the recipient from my year didn't get it in person is that she had decided to be a counsellor in a different camp and they didn't know that. But we all did. Twisted Evil

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 8:12 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
איך שטאלציר איך בין א בעלזעניק
Uhu uhu
Uhu uhu uhu!

Belze pride

Haha I remember that . Boy are they heise belzers ( at least in my days)

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 8:15 am
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
- - - -
- - - -
Happiness and Friendliness
- - - -

Fill in the blanks...

P U P A 🎶

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 8:49 am
Beingreal wrote:
Me too! I used to steal away and write by the lake. When I was in Heller we were first to go on an overnight to Hershey Park. In waitress year a bird flew in our bunk and I (very bravely) Got it out. I loved campfires on Thursdays...

I think when I was waitress year (I was a zookie even then!) we kept having mice run through our bunk. By a certain point it had become so common we were just like, "ooh, cute a Shabbos guest! What are we naming him?"

I wonder if you were there during the same time I was? There was a whole group of us who liked to write. And of course being a pyromaniac was part and parcel of the whole experience. What did they name the water jug??

Ooohhh! And who else could remember that they had to ban Harry Potter? The books kept coming out during camp and everyone would get packages or only read them!

And the cheers! Everyone who heard any one of our cheers would look at us like we were nuts.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 9:27 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Chaveira! LaTorah!

I'm on the . Top! Of the hill
Looking. Down at the faces...

Wow haven't thought about that in 20+ years!

Chaveira
LaTorah
V'tafkida
l'kayuma
something something....
l'artzeinu
Chaveiros achdus!
B'achdus nichyeh!

Can't believe it's coming back to me....Such beautiful memories.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 10:08 am
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Bnos!

Smile
Seems like there aren’t so many of us here...
Page 10 of 16   Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11 14  15  16  Next Recent Topics