Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How long did it take you to recover?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 9:45 am
I'm on day 14 and really struggling still.

House is falling apart and kids are desperate for things to return to some semblance of normal but still have headache, swollen throat glands, moderate to severe muscle pain and very weak. DH must return to work. I tried to put away some laundry and became horribly out of breath.

As an aside, I'm under pressure to return to work. I work from home but I'm not in a position to work yet. How long can I reasonably take off?

clowny

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 10:01 am
Did you test positive for covid?Are you taking any meds? The reason I’m asking is because swollen throat glands is a symptom of a strept. Maybe you should go take a culture.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 10:53 am
clowny wrote:
Did you test positive for covid?Are you taking any meds? The reason I’m asking is because swollen throat glands is a symptom of a strept. Maybe you should go take a culture.

Yes. I tested positive. No medication but not overly concerned about my throat as I get swollen glands often. I do have a lot of mucous which is annoying but not terribly painful.
It's the other symptoms that are more debilitating.

jewishmom6

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 10:58 am
You sound like you also have strept.

Please make sure you are eating and drinking.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 11:09 am
Yes, I am making a point to. Thanks.

Strep aside, if you had COVID-19, how long did it take you to recover?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 11:14 am
Op I am with you and have the same question! I'm on day 10 and the dysfunction in my house is beyond. Im so weak and frail I literally can't stand for more than a few minutes. Anything I do makes me out of breath for a while. My family is beyond out of control! I hope that I am back to myself real soon as it's not possible to go on much longer like this...

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 11:20 am
Day 14 is still pretty early. It took me 3-4 weeks to start feeling normal again, and I experienced fatigue/brain fog for a good few months. Take care of yourself and dont push too hard. Also, having the kids home while going through this makes it much harder to recover. (HUGS)

Dini

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 11:22 am
You should take a chest x-ray to check if you have pneumonia or bronchitis it is normal to recover in approximately 10 days, after that I think there is an infection of some sort, there is not enough data and some doctors are just sitting back and telling you to rest but many people are getting pneumonia and waiting too long to take anti biotics

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 11:23 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes, I am making a point to. Thanks.

Strep aside, if you had COVID-19, how long did it take you to recover?

Refuah shleima.

For me, about 6 weeks. Please take it easy. Every time I pushed myself, I relapsed. Not worth it.

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 11:25 am
I had covid in March and I’m still not back to normal completely. I lost smell and taste on day 14. And for few months I had chest pain at night several times. Now I’m left with some fatigue but it’s getting better.

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 11:43 am
Are these symptoms of covid?

Lower back pain, stomach pain, upset stomach, nausea, headache, fatigue, etc. I'm waiting for test results and I am going crazy. My house is falling apart. Seriously argh!!!

Chayalle

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 11:45 am
Yellow, I had terrible lower back pain when I had COVID-19 back in March. And yes to the fatigue. No stomach issues or nausea but my DD did have that.

Refuah Shelaima!

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 11:47 am
Chayalle wrote:
Yellow, I had terrible lower back pain when I had COVID-19 back in March. And yes to the fatigue. No stomach issues or nausea but my DD did have that.

Refuah Shelaima!

thank you.

octopus

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 11:53 am
4-6 weeks
At 4 weeks I wasn't sick anymore but incredibly week. At 6 weeks I felt better.

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 12:12 pm
So I’m pretty sure I had it back in March and I was in bed for 2-3 weeks. But I never got tested. Recently I tested positive (again?!) and had a very mild case, but this time I lost my taste and smell. My friend who is in her 50s has spent months recovering. It really seems to be so individual.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 12:22 pm
Yellow- I definitely had nausea, stomach pain, upset stomach, headaches and fatigue. It's horrible:(

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 12:37 pm
Yellow - me too.

But how long can I take off work??? Sad

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 1:43 pm
Can it be you have strep addition to covid. I know I just tested positive for strep I’m on antibiotics and still feeling horrible my Dr just told me to go take a covid test he suspects I have covid as well.

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 1:49 pm
Are you taking any vitamins?
I was told to take C D and zinc lozenges.

I had it back in March and I still have some breathing issues and fatigue.

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 1:56 pm
OP many of the covid symptoms that hang around are actually inflammation from the immune response. Anti inflammatories can be very helpful at this point. Melatonin, NAC, glutathione, magnesium, olive leaf extract, while food vitamin c can all be very helpful in taking down inflammation. B vitamins for energy, especially b1 which gets rapidly depleted during illness and that alone can be a cause of inflammation and dysregulation. Also, make sure you are getting enough electrolytes, especially potassium.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics