Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Att Anti vaxxers
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 11:45 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
To me I see vaccines as a choice between acute and chronic illness.
People have a right to choose.

Really? Dying is a better option?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 11:49 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:

ppl are also tired of hyperbole and see how easy it is to manipulate numbers like the percentage of positive rates and the constant changing of how much that rate needs to be to prevent spread

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 11:52 am
southernbubby wrote:
Social media platforms are not government entities and as private companies, are allowed to keep share holders happy. There are no laws prohibiting them from engaging in censorship.

There should be as they are cartels (monopolies). Just like PRIVATE Companies for
gas, electricity and telephone are not allowed to CENSOR and deny you service if they they
don't like your political opinions.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 11:55 am
southernbubby wrote:
If a post contains medical misinformation, such as Trump's claim of immunity to Covid, which is assumed but unproven, it's removed but they claim that they will not remove the post simply because the poster claims to be anti-vax. The post can't contain unproven medical information.

Medical Misinformation? Who appointed them the Ministers of Truth?

Let WE THE PEOPLE read whatever we want and form our own opinions what is True or
misinformation!

youngishbear

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 11:57 am
For some historical context: after the flu of 1918, people also lost faith in established medicine, because the medical establishment had so clearly been helpless in the face of that pandemic. The medical field soon went on to make enormous leaps to improve public health, which helped regain people's trust, eventually. Were doctors in 1918 all wrong and bad and hiding things and untrustworthy? Or did science have some catching up to do? Obviously the latter.

My point is, just because you are part of a group falling into a predictable pattern of behavior following an overwhelming worldwide catastrophe does not mean you are smarter than experts on infectious disease, or that you now have access to the Truth. It means the pandemic has shown us all that we don't know everything yet. The psychological effect on some people is that they lose trust in whatever they trusted before.

To be clear, while I support taking whatever measures are recommended (distancing, hygiene, masks) I believe the public health officials in this country and many others (notably the UK) have messed up really badly. It's not that the recommendations themselves are bad, but the public is exhausted from the contradictory messages and the politicization of what should have always been neutral health policy. Perception and trust are vital, and without that we have chaos.

We are so fed up with the messengers' squabbling, that we forget that their message might still be worth adhering to.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 11:59 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:

People DIE from vaccines, too! Vaccine Court has paid awards for DEATH from vaccines.

Since THE GOVERNMENT refuses to do a Vax vs UnVax Study we don't know for sure which is
more dangerous, but the fact that THE GOVERNMENT (which gets Billions $$$ from Pharmaceutical
Industry) refuses to do a Vax vs UnVax study should tell you somethiing!

southernbubby

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 12:02 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
There should be as they are cartels (monopolies). Just like PRIVATE Companies for
gas, electricity and telephone are not allowed to CENSOR and deny you service if they they
don't like your political opinions.

I can go on a platform and say that I support Trump, am apprehensive about the Covid vaccine, and that I think that Nancy Pelosi is a hypocrite and nobody will bother my post but they will kick the post off if I say that vaccines cause autism because of their terms of service.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 12:07 pm
youngishbear wrote:
For some historical context: after the flu of 1918, people also lost faith in established medicine, because the medical establishment had so clearly been helpless in the face of that pandemic. The medical field soon went on to make enormous leaps to improve public health, which helped regain people's trust, eventually. Were doctors in 1918 all wrong and bad and hiding things and untrustworthy? Or did science have some catching up to do? Obviously the latter.

My point is, just because you are part of a group falling into a predictable pattern of behavior following an overwhelming worldwide catastrophe does not mean you are smarter than experts on infectious disease, or that you now have access to the Truth. It means the pandemic has shown us all that we don't know everything yet. The psychological effect on some people is that they lose trust in whatever they trusted before.

To be clear, while I support taking whatever measures are recommended (distancing, hygiene, masks) I believe the public health officials in this country and many others (notably the UK) have messed up really badly. It's not that the recommendations themselves are bad, but the public is exhausted from the contradictory messages and the politicization of what should have always been neutral health policy. Perception and trust are vital, and without that we have chaos.

We are so fed up with the messengers' squabbling, that we forget that their message might still be worth adhering to.

but that's the thing! there's no such a thing as a neutral health policy. How to behave regarding one's health and subsequently regarding public health depends on where you're coming from and what your goal is, and again, ppl are realizing this truth now that there is no singular correct health policy. See all the threads on mental health during lockdown for reference.

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 12:07 pm
youngishbear wrote:

Its because public health policies in general have very very little to do with actual health. It’s because despite mountains and mountains of information and evidence about how to keep our bodies in optimal shape, government and other influential bodies insist on myopically focusing on one minute, tiny sliver of what constitutes health (avoidance of germs) and ignores everything else. This is why people lose trust.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 12:09 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Medical Misinformation? Who appointed them the Ministers of Truth?

Let WE THE PEOPLE read whatever we want and form our own opinions what is True or
misinformation!

Ok, so the example of Trump declaring himself to be immune to Covid. He probably is but is his declaration going to result in people catching COVID deliberately in order to be immune? He is making an imperial statement regarding medical facts without proof.
And why does the platform really care? Probably because people complain and report these posts. Trump would have had to say that he hopes that he is immune because his hope is a statement of fact.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 12:09 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Its because public health policies in general have very very little to do with actual health. It’s because despite mountains and mountains of information and evidence about how to keep our bodies in optimal shape, government and other influential bodies insist on myopically focusing on one minute, tiny sliver of what constitutes health (avoidance of germs) and ignores everything else. This is why people lose trust.

exactly! your post is one example of what I meant that how to care for one's health is not a universal non-political truth.

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 12:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
exactly! your post is one example of what I meant that how to care for one's health is not a universal non-political truth.
its also not as scientific and evidence based as they would have you believe.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 12:23 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I can go on a platform and say that I support Trump, am apprehensive about the Covid vaccine, and that I think that Nancy Pelosi is a hypocrite and nobody will bother my post but they will kick the post off if I say that vaccines cause autism because of their terms of service.

And THAT is CENSORSHIP! There is plenty of evidence that vaccines cause autism but that is
being CENSORED.

Let the people read what they want and form their own opinions.

That's why we have a FIRST AMENDMENT.

But Tyrants don't believe in that.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 12:30 pm
When a single anti vaxxer goes to medical school and learns about the human body and then comes out and has the exact same anti vax agenda we can talk. The same way I’m not a criminal lawyer so I wouldn’t try to pretend I know how to defend a criminal in court, id hire someone who actually does, same thing with medical school. That doesn’t mean criminal lawyers don’t lose cases and it doesn’t mean doctors are never wrong. It means they have more in depth knowledge than I do so I turn to them for the knowledge they have

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 12:39 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
When a single anti vaxxer goes to medical school and learns about the human body and then comes out and has the exact same anti vax agenda we can talk. The same way I’m not a criminal lawyer so I wouldn’t try to pretend I know how to defend a criminal in court, id hire someone who actually does, same thing with medical school. That doesn’t mean criminal lawyers don’t lose cases and it doesn’t mean doctors are never wrong. It means they have more in depth knowledge than I do so I turn to them for the knowledge they have

your post is not relevant to the op. I dont want this thread derailed into vax vs antivax so please keep on topic.

bunchagirlies

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 12:42 pm

I wish I can click "like" more than once! like eleventy six times!

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 12:47 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Ok, so the example of Trump declaring himself to be immune to Covid. He probably is but is his declaration going to result in people catching COVID deliberately in order to be immune? He is making an imperial statement regarding medical facts without proof.
And why does the platform really care? Probably because people complain and report these posts. Trump would have had to say that he hopes that he is immune because his hope is a statement of fact.

Per the First Amendment, Trump is allowed to say whatever he wants, true or not.

And newspapers or experts are allowed to disagree.

But the Tyrants don't allow that - they want to SILENCE any statement THEY decide is
"misinformation". That is UNCONSTITUTIONAL!

southernbubby

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 12:54 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
And THAT is CENSORSHIP! There is plenty of evidence that vaccines cause autism but that is
being CENSORED.

Let the people read what they want and form their own opinions.

That's why we have a FIRST AMENDMENT.

But Tyrants don't believe in that.

Ok but I posted exactly the executive order and it looks like social media platforms have some latitude for censorship as far as terms of service. I would want Facebook to intervene if someone were to post that vaccines invented by Jews cause autism and that is a Jewish plot to take over the world as it is seen that by the fact that the Jews spread Covid.
Wouldn't we want anti-Semitic posts censored?

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 1:54 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Ok but I posted exactly the executive order and it looks like social media platforms have some latitude for censorship as far as terms of service. I would want Facebook to intervene if someone were to post that vaccines invented by Jews cause autism and that is a Jewish plot to take over the world as it is seen that by the fact that the Jews spread Covid.
Wouldn't we want anti-Semitic posts censored?

The First Amendment allows for anti-semitic remarks, racist remarks. Once we start
censoring, then all free speech is lost.

People should just vigorously condemn anti-semitism. That is the safer option.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 1:56 pm

bunchagirlies wrote:
I wish I can click "like" more than once! like eleventy six times!

There are MEDICAL DOCTORS and PH.D Scientists who are anti-vax.

The reason you (and many others) think there isn't a single Anti-Vax Doctor is because of CENSORSHIP!

Your ignorance of the facts proves how dangerous Censorship is!!!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics