Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Carbs - specifically flour products make me crazy bloated

lovepinterest

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 8:06 pm
Why do I get soooo bloated and gain weight every time I eat carbs? I literally gained 3-4 lbs since Yom Kippur because I have been eating a sandwich every day. I’ve been eating sandwiches because it’s so much quicker. And before yt needed to be nurished And energized. But why the bloating? Anyone have this problem? Will I have to be essentially carbless forever? If I eat tiny amount of rice then no bloating. Please help me figure this out

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 8:07 pm
Same here flour bloats me more than just sugar.

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 8:10 am
Ooh, my stomach hurts when I eat something made with flour

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 9:26 am
IBS, inflammation, candida overgrowth, insulin resistance - lots of reasons.

There's only one thing to do, and that is to stop eating the things that are bothering you.

Make kiddush on sour dough bread ONLY. The process of fermentation breaks down some of the irritants, and is easier to digest.

mandksima

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 10:41 am
I've been gluten free and low carb for the past 9 years. I'm doing it for life because I don't feel well otherwise and would most likely be a diabetic if I didn't. What's so crazy to think it's impossible to do forever? I eat sandwiches made with homemade low carb bread if I want something quick. Around my period, I usually get a bit more peckish for snacks but I try to keep it to a minimum even then. That's life! A lot of people are gluten sensitive and need low carb to lose weight and feel energetic.

SingALong

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 5:55 pm
I feel very bloated, sluggish and sleepy When I eats carbs and sugar. I try to stay away and then I lose weight and feel super energetic.

amother
Lavender

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 5:58 pm
Very likely sibo or candida overgrowth, could also be low digestive enzymes, leaky gut, gluten sensitivity, etc

Malkqueen

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 6:03 pm
Try to switch from regular bread to sourdough. Many people have a yeast sensitivity, rather than a carb sensitivity.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise