Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Organised people.. please give me your best tips

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 5:56 pm
How to keep my home organised?
What are your best tricks?

Need ideas on how to organise my kitchen..
Kids clothes....
Bathroom toiletries...

amother
Bronze

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 7:35 pm
I'd tell you what I do, but really, just watch
Clutterbug and Minimal mom on youtube. You're welcome.

SuperWify

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 8:42 pm
Purge and purge often.

When something new comes in make sure something else goes out.

SingALong

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 8:47 pm
I google a lot for ideas, like if I want to organize my pantry I’ll google pantry images.
Marie kondo and the home edit have great tips.
Lots of organizers on Instagram have great tips with images.

Fully agree with above posters to purge as needed. I did a major purge in my house 2 years ago, was well maintained for 2 years, now I could go through things again, but it will just be some odds and ends, not so much.

Clothing I purge every season, I make a bag to give away and a bag to save for hand me downs. I do that with every closet after succos and after Pesach.

amother
Bronze

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 9:11 pm
Schedule your purging for a quiet season. I choose Cheshvan, Tevet, Shvat, Iyar and Tammuz. I never purge around yom tov or simchas.

Also, give yourself a break if you have even one child in diapers. Anything you do at this time is superhuman.

mra01385

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 9:46 pm
Google Julie morgenstern Organizing from the Inside Out and Time Management from the Inside Out: The Foolproof System for Taking Control ...never read them but supposed to be good books. Recommended from article in mishpacha magazine.
Also, some tricks to organization is to have only what you use and keep them organized by categories in bins. Mostly shoe box bins. All boxes should be visible in closet. Most clothes should be hung up so can see what you have.

amother
Puce

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 10:03 pm
can you post names on insta to follow?

zaq

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 10:08 pm
My friend, you're asking for kol haTorah kulah al regel achat, lehavdil. Google on Home management, Time management, Home organization and the like, go to the websites, take some books out of the library, read, take notes, try out the ideas and see what works for you.

purge early and often, don't have too much stuff, and don't get emotionally involved with your possessions. you need to be able to get rid of stuff without having an emotional crisis each time.

before buying anything, figure out where you're going to put it. if you have no "home" for it, either don't buy it, or evict something else to make room for it. You can sell, throw out, recycle or give away the evictee, but get rid of it you must.

mra01385

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 10:11 pm
You can also watch youtube videos on home organization. Really helpful videos

yiddishmom

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 10:20 pm
I always use Pinterest to search for organization ideas.

Einikel

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 10:22 pm
This is a digital download on Etsy really simplifies and breaks down cleaning tasks. Worth the $2 it costs.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/8.....hases

Last edited by Einikel on Sat, Oct 17 2020, 10:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
Blush

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 10:23 pm
Every week take 1 day to throw out papers and mail you don't need. Every day take 15 minutes to organize the house, that's it(and make everyone in your house take 15 minutes to organize their stuff).

amother
Bronze

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 11:10 pm
OP, don't read any traditional book now. Julie Morgenstern, while awesome, is for people with time. I found it difficult to start its overwhelming with a messy house where you don't know what's flying. Maybe listen as an audiobook while you clean?

Also, don't go down the pinterest insta or youtube rabbit hole. Choose one thing and implement it. The bulk of yourtime should be doing something to improve your kitchen. It will make you feel better immediately and motivate you to keep going.

Think about tiny changes, making things easier for you.

Dana White has 2 great real life (as in messy, busy people) audiobooks
How to manage your home without losing your mind
Decluttering at the speed of life
available free to listen on hoopla. I listen only while purging. It motivates me to keep going.

spikta

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 6:18 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:

Dana White has 2 great real life (as in messy, busy people) audiobooks
How to manage your home without losing your mind
Decluttering at the speed of life
available free to listen on hoopla. I listen only while purging. It motivates me to keep going.

^^^ This.
I loved the Dana White books. Listened to them for free on the NYPL app.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics