Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Finding motivation, staying motivated

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 12:02 pm
I looked in the mirror... TMI Sadly I put on a lot of weight since Covid. I look like I'm 10 months pregnant. Nothing fits. My joints ache. I'm mortified. But weight loss feels helpless. I like to eat. and with everyone home and working at home, the kitchen is always there and I'm always feeding someone...
Please help?

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 12:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I looked in the mirror... TMI Sadly I put on a lot of weight since Covid. I look like I'm 10 months pregnant. Nothing fits. My joints ache. I'm mortified. But weight loss feels helpless. I like to eat. and with everyone home and working at home, the kitchen is always there and I'm always feeding someone...
Please help?

I’m so sorry your feeling like this.
I know what you mean. It’s so hard!!
I also gained some after working incredibly hard to lose a lot.
The only help I have is sympathy & understanding!!

healthymom1

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 12:35 pm
Focus on feeling good not on the numbers of the scale. Don't tell yourself you HAVE TO EAT 'GOOD' FOR 3 MONTHS. Don't tell yourself "no chocolate"

Just ask yourself 'will I feel good if I eat this'? 'Do I want this right now or do I want to wait and see if ill enjoy it more later when it's quiet and I can enjoy it'.

Don't cut out an entire food group unless it just makes you feel ugh and sluggish. Some people thrive on carbs and others thrive on animal products. Its about listening to your body and actually doing it out of love not "150 lbs is my goal".

Also I'm sure you don't look 10 months pregnant. Tell yourself you love your body and thank Hashem is works. You love your body and yourself and you just want to feel good.

Goodluck!
I'm 30lbs away from my smallest weight, but that doesn't mean I can't be happy and love myself now for what I have. Some days I'm really in tune and others I feel the need to eat more ugh feeling stuff. But I never regret it. Its a choice I know I have.

amother
Skyblue

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 1:21 pm
I don’t have advice but I feel the same way. Though nothing to do with covid. Been putting on weight forever. Tried every single thing. Intermittent fasting low carb nutritionists galore vegan no sugar dairy gluten life coaching power series manifestations metformin qsymia contrave allí exercise personal trainers. Now I signed up for kosher diet meals delivered. I already cheated on day 2.
I guess I’ll be 220 lbs forever

Last edited by amother on Sat, Mar 05 2022, 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Lemon

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 11:26 pm
Very frustrating. Its a hard long journey. I will never judge anyone after having 7 kids, being over 35,etc. Its very hard to lose weight. It a slow long journey of committing yourself to healthy eating, exercising, drinking water, and eating fruits and vegetables of course with some carbs and proteins etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise