Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Shortcut for doing laundry?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 5:04 pm
How do you efficiently do laundry so that washing, folding, etc is fast?

zigi

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 5:14 pm
Buy new clothes....
Lol really have a place that you can easily put things away enough hangers space in closet and only clothes-towels etc... that you use.
Also figure out what is better for you. Fresh out of the dryer you deal with loads faster vs a weeks worth in a gigantic laundry bag? I also figured out if I am tackling a large bag going through it with my kids help. I fold or if they help great. Then they bring the clothes etc to their right drawers..
Also I use a laundromat. I learned that you save time if you don't leave b/c it takes longer to change the loads etc

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 5:14 pm
Hang clothes on hangers to dry. Stick into closets when dry.

Keep reusing the same towels. Hang on back of bathroom door to dry in between uses. Twice a week, throw into machine after morning showers and have them dry and back up in the bathroom before night showers (we have those who shower in the am, and those who shower in the pm, according to preference.)

Put away most PJs. Use same 2 pj's per kid and wash and place in drawer without folding. Make sure to throw in loads daily.

Have enough underwear. Don't fold.

Remove linen, wash, dry and put back on bed. Don't fold.

MiriFr

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 5:29 pm
Watch tv while folding 🙈

zigi

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 5:35 pm
Also sort when they are taken off. Whites darks colors cold wash delicates

BetsyTacy

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 5:45 pm
There have been many threads about this and people's ideas of cleanliness and hygiene vary wildly.

To me the biggest shortcut to laundry is to keep clothes cleaner.

House clothes in the house. Those are clothes that are on their last legs. Save ironing, hanging to dry, special loads etc for clothes less likely to get splashed by marinara.

Also, if you only eat in the kitchen/dining room, not only do you save on time cleaning, clothes tend to stay neater too. It is easier to stay clean eating at a table than eating in bed.

Hanging up towels (and having the space for them to dry properly) lets you stretch the times between washing. That's where ymmv. Some people on this site wash a bath towel each time it is used. Not me.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 5:50 pm
I love the suggestion I heard recently to set up the drawers/closets with bins that allow you to put away underwear, tights, socks, etc without folding.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 6:09 pm
I like that suggestion about washing towels and replacing same day. I do the same with sheets when I can--wash and put back on beds. Saves on folding and it gets done that day instead of sitting on basket waiting to be folded and put away.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry